Anchorage Restaurants

charlielinda

We had the best oysters rockefeller of our lives at the Whale Tail restaurant/bar in the Captain Cook hotel. On the 1st night of our cruise tour we split an order over cocktails and then went across the street to the Corsar (a very nice place as well) but the next time we were at the Captain Cook (the 7th day of the land portion of the cruisetour) we each had our own tray- we had talked about the oysters for the whole week! Other food we had there was very good, but the oysters were fantastic. Give it a try.

Easy walk would be Humpy's, Orso's (Northern Italian - Glacier Brewhouse's sister restaurant), Simon & Seafort's, McGinley's Pub, Club Paris, Ginger.

Think that gives you a good variety of what is available an easy walking distance from the Cook.

Susan in Anchorage :)

I may be the contrarian here, but I didn't care for the Glacier Brewhouse the one time I tried it. The server had an attitude of "we're so cool". There seemed to be more emphasis on the brews than on the food. On the other hand, Orso was very nice and their smoked salmon chowder was to die for.

Hi

Are any of these restaurants within walking distance from the Anchorage Marriott which is where we will be staying as part of our cruise tour?

Thanks so much!

Nancy

All of them are an easy walk from the Marriott too. When I say easy the farthest is probably 8 or 9 blocks.

Susan in Anchorage :)

Archived