Alaska Formal Night for Women

charlielinda

Much has been talked about what the men wear -- how about the women on the Alaska crusies. I'm assuming it's less formal than the Caribbean cruises. Could you tell me what you see women wearing. I was thinking of just a pretty summer dress with nice jewerly. Thoughts?

Much has been talked about what the men wear -- how about the women on the Alaska crusies. I'm assuming it's less formal than the Caribbean cruises. Could you tell me what you see women wearing. I was thinking of just a pretty summer dress with nice jewerly. Thoughts?

Wear anything you want. I wear the same thing on all cruises, no matter what the destination. Black pants and a dressy top. Sometimes all black.

For one formal night I wear a sleeveless black blouse with a skirt. The other I wear a black cocktail dress that has a bit of cool beading on it. I got it for a steal. :D I am a pretty casual dresser and neither outfit is over the top. Just nice and I feel comfortable and kind of sexy in both. ;)

You will have a great time!! :D

I don't keep count or keep score or really pay a lot of attention to what others are actually wearing. My opinion comes from just a generalization of the overall "feeling" of the ship. I didn't really notice too much difference in what people were wearing on formal night in Alaska versus the Caribbean, or even Hawaii.

While there might be some some difference in the amount of formal wear seen on an Alaskan cruise, I think if there had been a dramatic difference on formal night, then even I probably would have noticed it.

With that being said, I think it would be much more comfortable to wear a pretty "summer" dress in the Caribbean than in Alaska. Sounds rather chilly for the climate.

Wear anything you want. I wear the same thing on all cruises, no matter what the destination. Black pants and a dressy top. Sometimes all black.
I wear the same thing formal nights no matter where I'm cruising: long, black t-shirt dress and a sparkly shawl with black sandals. Easy to pack, always looks appropriate.

Archived