Atlantic Coast Harbor Cruises

DH and I are considering taking the 13 day Atlantic Coast Harbor cruise in October, 2012. We have been on Seabourn many times, but only in the Caribbean. We would be interested in hearing of others experiences on the coastline cruise. What are the typical demographics of the passengers? We are in our early 50s. We have not spent any time in Canada outside the large cities and have not visited some of the cities on the US coast that this cruise would go to. Any insight would be appreciated. :)

I am doing this in about a month, so I can report later on. However, I live on the East Coast and know that the Canadian ports will be lovely and it is 'leaf peeping' season in the area. I am thinking lobster, lobster, lobster!

Demographics vary, according to itinerary and season. You will fit right in. It's doubtful that there will be many children since in the US it's school time with no holidays until Thanksgiving, unlike in the UK which, I believe, has a half term. Plus, it's not just a week of cruising. Should be fun!

DH and I are considering taking the 13 day Atlantic Coast Harbor cruise in October' date=' 2012. We have been on Seabourn many times, but only in the Caribbean. We would be interested in hearing of others experiences on the coastline cruise. What are the typical demographics of the passengers? We are in our early 50s. We have not spent any time in Canada outside the large cities and have not visited some of the cities on the US coast that this cruise would go to. Any insight would be appreciated. :)[/quote']

While we've sailed Seabourn, we've taken this type of cruise but on another luxury line.

I would highly recommend the itinerary.

You'll see so many nice ports of call that are just easy to go out on your own to visit. Montreal with so much to see particularly in the old part of the city, Quebec City which is so charming to walk around (very french), Bar Harbor with the beautiful Arcadia National Park, Boston with many points of interest to see from the Freedom Trail to the JFK presidential library, Martha's Vineyard where very few cruise ships stop is just a beautiful area, Charleston, SC which we visited for the very first time on a cruise this past November which to me is one of the most charming cities in the entire USA. To me it's a very relaxing and enjoyable cruise. And it's a very easy cruise especially when you go into the ports. And it's a nice time of the year to see Fall colors.

Given the length of the cruise, the time of year, and the ports, my guess is that the demographics will be that the vast majority of the passengers will be 60's and 70's.

I think so many of these ports are just beautiful that I would not hesitate to book the cruise.

Keith

We did this itinerary ( or similar) for our honeymoon, 7 years ago, while we were in our mid 30s. We were by far the youngest passengers, but I have often found that age is no barrier to striking up friendships and that the usual Seabourn guests are great fun - and very interesting - no matter the age and the destination:D

It is a beautiful part of the world and a very interesting trip.

Keith,

I think you meant Acadia National Park. And yes, it is a very special place with amazing views and terrific hiking and biking.And for Jane the Jordon Pond House Restaurant in the park usually serves lobster rolls.(This is not your usual park service food operation.)

Keith,

I think you meant Acadia National Park. And yes, it is a very special place with amazing views and terrific hiking and biking.And for Jane the Jordon Pond House Restaurant in the park usually serves lobster rolls.(This is not your usual park service food operation.)

Yes, you are correct. it was a typo on my part. I should have said Acadia rather than Arcadia.

Keith

Archived