Cove Balcony questions

We have three cove balconies booked on the Magic. We will have two 14 month old kids in our party. Does anyone know the measurements of the openings on the lower half of the cove balcony? I see they have bars across them, but cannot tell how far apart the bars are spaced. Is it large enough for a child to slip thru? Thanks.

Mach, I know you told me my daughter will love the cove balcony. Do you know how big the opening is? Thanks

I did not measure it but both Stitch and I remarked on how large it is. The lower openings are fairly small and the bars would very likely restrict a child but the upper one is remarkably large and would concern me...

I'll ask and see if someone can get those measured for me...

:)

We have three cove balconies booked on the Magic. We will have two 14 month old kids in our party. Does anyone know the measurements of the openings on the lower half of the cove balcony? I see they have bars across them, but cannot tell how far apart the bars are spaced. Is it large enough for a child to slip thru? Thanks.

We have been in a cove 2 times. If a very small thin child worked at it probably. If a small child is supervised, like they should be, no.

I personally wouldn't chance it with my 2 year-old. Kids that age are super quick and even with adult supervision it could happen. Those balcony's are not that big. I'd stick with a regular balcony until they are older.

P1010464.JPG

Just looks like something a young child would want to climb b/c there are rungs and a ledge. I'd stick with plexiglass balcony that is harder to scale and easy to see thru so no desire to climb up to see something. And maybe bring in the table that could double as a step stool.

Mach, I hate to be a pest, but have you heard anything? Thanks.

Heheheheee... I KNEW you were gonna ask! I emailed John about this 30 minutes ago. They DID measure those gaps while they were in Barcelona and he's getting me the figures from engineering...

Should have them pretty quick...

:)

Archived