Chef's Table for Non-Seafood-Eaters

Ariyel

Hello all,

I will be on my first cruise this coming September 4 on the Splendor. I am traveling with a party of 9 people (4 couples and 1 single).

I am very excited about the Chef's Table, however we have 2 of our group who absolutely will not eat seafood (fish or shellfish). Has anyone done the Chef's Table with a similar dietary requirement? Do you think the Chef would be able to work something out for our non-seafood-eaters or is this something they should just skip on? I would hate for them to pay $75/each and then not want to eat/dislike half the dishes served (since the past menus I have seen have been heavily seafood oriented). They're ok with not doing this, but I just don't know what to tell them.

I've already emailed the steakhouse to ask for assistance on this but the reply I got was this:

"Chef’s table is $75 per person and it includes seven course meal, group picture, unlimited wine and galley tour.We don’t know what is going to be on the menu as we leave it to chef’s choice but once you come on board we can advise chef."

So, hopefully you guys will be more helpful!

TIA.

Hey Ariyel,

Don't worry. Tell the non-seafood eaters that the chef will visit your table with his assistant a day or two before the chef's table. They will ask you if you have any food allergies. That's when you can tell them "no seafood". A gentleman in our party did this. At the table, he got a fancy cheese stick instead of the calamari rings, and a lamb chop with mint jelly instead of the chilean sea bass. Enjoy!!!

Gary aka crusin USA

I found that they were very accommodating with everyone's diet. Also, I do not drink, so they brought me my diet coke. The one thing I wished Carnival would do like Princess(Carnival's Chef Table is much better then Princess's where they seat you in the main dining room, whereas Carnival puts you in a private room) is that if you are not a drinker, they only charge you $60, instead of $75.

We would like to try it but we do not eat shell fish or pork and DW has loads of food allergies .

Figure it would drive the chef nuts.

It might have an impact on your enjoyment. There was a lady at ours who had the same issues. There did seem to be some frustration (the chefs) in trying to please her. She was fine with it. I cannot remember pork being server, but there was several course that involved fish. I beleive they would be able to handle alergies fine (as they do in the mdr). All that being said it was a great evening.:)

I have done the Chefs Table twice, both times there were people at the table with special desires or issues. They seemed happy with what they were served. The Chef was very accommodating to these folks. OP: I don't think that you will have any problems with what you will be served once you talk to the Chef.

Thank you all so much for the replies! I think you're right on the money.

After I posted last night I tried emailing the steakhouse contact again and got the following reply, "Please be advised that I spoke to chef and alternative dishes can be prepared."

So, I'm very happy - it looks like my whole party will be able to enjoy this together :)

Archived