Questions about Tapatalk

dmwnc1959

I primarily browse only the Celebrity boards now and couldn't find answers to these questions regarding Tapatalk.

I actually prefer using the regular browser when reading the Celebrity Forum but if I download Tapatalk and don't like it can I still use Safari?

Does Tapatalk for Cruise Critic allow you to download pictures straight from your iPhone to Cruise Critic? If so are they 'thumbnail' sized or regular sized?

Is there a way to download pictures from an iPhone to the Celebrity Forum?

Thanks for your help!

u2cruiser- it does make it quite a bit easier to navigate as compared to Safari on iPhone. The only complaint I have is that the search function doesn't work at all-- I have gotten an error message every time I've tried it. Could be I'm missing something tho. I think it's worth it because I can easily check my subscribed threads and "favorite" forums without logging in each time and without zooming in and out constantly as is necessary with Safari.

u2cruiser- it does make it quite a bit easier to navigate as compared to Safari on iPhone. The only complaint I have is that the search function doesn't work at all-- I have gotten an error message every time I've tried it. Could be I'm missing something tho. I think it's worth it because I can easily check my subscribed threads and "favorite" forums without logging in each time and without zooming in and out constantly as is necessary with Safari.

I am using it mainly on my iPad but sometimes on my iPhone. I actually prefer reading the Cruise Critic boards now with Tapatalk on either over reading them with a web browser on my computer. As you say the search function does not work so that is when I use my browser.

Thank you, that's just the information I wanted.

I have paid for so many apps I don't use, but I do find CC too frustrating on the iphone, so I'll give it a try. :)

Thank you, that's just the information I wanted.

I have paid for so many apps I don't use, but I do find CC too frustrating on the iphone, so I'll give it a try. :)

I must be one of the few that actually prefer reading CC on my iPhone. I hope that if I purchase Tapatalk and don't like it I can switch back to using Safari on the iPhone instead of being locked in to the Tapatalk browser.

I must be one of the few that actually prefer reading CC on my iPhone. I hope that if I purchase Tapatalk and don't like it I can switch back to using Safari on the iPhone instead of being locked in to the Tapatalk browser.

Of course you can switch back to using Safari. Tapatalk is only an app that gives you another option, it is not a browser. You don't have to use it if you prefer doing Cruise Critic from Safari.

Of course you can switch back to using Safari. Tapatalk is only an app that gives you another option, it is not a browser. You don't have to use it if you prefer doing Cruise Critic from Safari.

There's a really annoying pop-up advertising Tapatalk every time you navigate to something on an Ipad - almost as if someone is trying really hard to persuade you to buy Tapatalk rather than use the free Safari option :mad:

Any tips to get rid of that much appreciated.

I get that REALLY annoying pop-up as well and I don't believe there is any way to get ride of it.

Thanks for all the tips and lessons on Tapatalk. May eventually get it before my cruise just to be able to post pictures without having to take my laptop.

I hope no one has the same problem as I'm having! I downloaded the app 2 days ago and its status was 'waiting' on my iphone, as it does sometimes with a large file download. I synced phone to computer as the app showed purchased in my itunes, thinking that would fix it. It didn't. Powered iphone off and rebooted it twice, still showing 'waiting'.

Next I tried a fix from the internet; log out of itunes and log in again. Now I can't log back in, getting the message 'wrong ID and password'! I requested a change password email, which said email sent. I haven't received it and I've only ever used the one email address. I tried another way, by answering personal security questions online and it says I've given the wrong birthdate!! No one else uses my itunes so now I'm completely stumped. Waiting for a response from itunes support. :mad:

I have been using Tapatalk for a few days now and it is definitely easier for reading threads. I miss the web feature to go view last unread post. It's a bit annoying to have to scroll back to the top (or first page) of a thread. Any suggestions?

I have been using Tapatalk for a few days now and it is definitely easier for reading threads. I miss the web feature to go view last unread post. It's a bit annoying to have to scroll back to the top (or first page) of a thread. Any suggestions?

Is there an option to set to US version of CC? Here in the UK we have to set to US if we want to use this feature. Doesn't work on UK version. I just wondered if your app is set to UK?

Archived