All aft cabins reserved on millenium for March 2013.Is this possible?

chita

Looking to travel from Hong Kong to Singapore on Millenium in March 2013.When I try to request ANY aft cabin the message comes up - 'Unable to hold this stateroom. Try another.' When I search for almost any other cabin elsewhere on the ship there doesn't seem to be a problem.Is it conceivable they are all reserved so early on? Or are Celebrity holding them back for some reason?

The last aft cabin on the Jan 6, 2013 Gems of SE Asia was booked on Monday. One of our friends got the last one and another friend has to take a different category near the aft. We booked the same cabin we had years earlier...C-2 midship. We loved the cabin. Its insane that cabins are being booked this far out.

Sorry Chita but when we were on Solstice at the beginning of the month we booked for that cruise and were told we had the last C1 aft cabin. We were really surprised and thought there would be a few to choose from.

Thanks a lot for the info -even though it wasn't what I wanted to hear! I really am amazed that these aft cabins are all reserved nearly 2 years in advance.Do you think it is the same with all Celebrity ships or just Millenium class?

I suppose all I can do if I really want an aft cabin on the March 2013 Asia sailing is wait for an FV or an accessible cabin to open up - but as I undestand it that would only be likely very much nearer to the date of departure.

Any insights or advice would be very welcome.I really would love one of those aft cabins!

My understanding is if you want a large balcony with a view of the wake then yes M class is very popular but if you are mainly interested in the larger balcony then the hump cabins on the S class are the way to go. I am sure there is someone out there with a lot more knowledge than me that can be more help with how best to get an aft cabin though. I would say that the reason they have gone so quick is it is a new itinerary and there are a lot like me who have been waiting for Celebrity to visit Asia.

Looking to travel from Hong Kong to Singapore on Millenium in March 2013.When I try to request ANY aft cabin the message comes up - 'Unable to hold this stateroom. Try another.' When I search for almost any other cabin elsewhere on the ship there doesn't seem to be a problem.Is it conceivable they are all reserved so early on? Or are Celebrity holding them back for some reason?

Those aft balcony cabins on the "M" class ships are always the first to go! They are in great demand and people grab those as soon as new itineraries open up. You really have to be "quick on the draw" so to speak. ;)

Three times I have been able to book a CORNER FOV for just two people. Here's how I did it. This is on M class ships. Have not yet sailed on S class so don't know about them.

First, booked another cabin I would be satisfied with if all else fails. Then about 5 months before the cruise started to watch the web site daily. As soon as even an FOV guarantee opened up I jumped it, because even a guaranteed FOV would be aft. Then I continued to watch the web site, and if a specific cabin that was a corner showed as available, called the TA right away and got it.

Now if you like CC, remember that FOVs are NOT CC! BUT.....they are large and aft!

Perseverence pays off! :D I got so lucky on the Asia Millenium cruise March 2013.After having checked the aft cabins and found all of them reserved I kept returning (just in case) and lo and behold, suddenly 8172 appeared AVAILABLE. Couldn't believe my luck - I don't think I could have asked for better if I'd had the pick of all the aft cabins.Don't know how or why it reappeared but needless to say I grabbed it.

Thanks all for your previous condolences - now share my feelings of sweet success. ;)

Perseverence pays off! :D I got so lucky on the Asia Millenium cruise March 2013.After having checked the aft cabins and found all of them reserved I kept returning (just in case) and lo and behold, suddenly 8172 appeared AVAILABLE. Couldn't believe my luck - I don't think I could have asked for better if I'd had the pick of all the aft cabins.Don't know how or why it reappeared but needless to say I grabbed it.

Thanks all for your previous condolences - now share my feelings of sweet success. ;)

That's great. I was going to post earlier that you need to keep an eye out closer to sail date and not give up, but now you don't need to. My only advice to you as that time approaches is to keep an eye out for the FVs, especially the corner ones. I can't see this sailing would be much of a children's sailing so you may strike it lucky and those are really nice to have.

Phil

Based on out recent experience, I think that the new minimal deposit for far out cruises has blocked out a number of the best cabins. Getting closer to the final payment date, a number of these open up especially the FV/Aft cabins. For example, a FV aft opened up for two people just before the final payment. We jumped on it. Then a week after the final payment, a corner aft veranda (7202 Inifinity) opened up an we moved. This was the dream cabin for us. The early bookers are not risking anything as they can get their minimal deposit back but can block out the rooms.

Congratulations Chita that is great news. Now it is just the long countdown until departure. Cheers

Thanks,Pean.It is a long time, but we have a Summer 2012 cruise in the Adriatic and Aegean to keep us going.Then only eight months and we'll be off to Hong Kong. See you there!

Then we're looking at your part of the world.Always wanted to go to Perth and there are some great cruises out of Fremantle too.

Perth is a lovely place and if you need any info I am happy to help but I am not too sure about cruising out of Fremantle. We did it once and it was quite rough but then I am not the worlds best sailor. Having said that, it is great that so many cruise lines are now visiting here. We just did a cruise out of Barcelona and absolutely loved it. Have nothing booked for next year as blew the budget with 5 weeks in Europe. Roll on Hong Kong.

I have my eye on booking one of X's Asian or Australian cruises in the Winter of 2013. There is one that starts in Sydney and ends in Singapore. Also, one that goes to Japan, China, Taiwan, Korea and HK.

Archived