Headphones for Thomas Cook movies

Essexlass2

I know I'm a bit sad and this may be a silly question but does anyone know if headphones for in-flight movies on Thomas Cook are chargeable? We have numerous sets of these, all of which are the same and so easy to pack in hand luggage, that I wonder whether to take a couple of sets with us. :)

Aircraft headphones are usually very poor quality and often they don't work at all, if you're taking your own music with you on a phone or MP3 player they had the aircraft adaptors in Poundland last week so you could use your own headphones.

Aircraft headphones are usually very poor quality and often they don't work at all, if you're taking your own music with you on a phone or MP3 player they had the aircraft adaptors in Poundland last week so you could use your own headphones.

That's a good idea! :D

Headphones aside, I have just received an email saying that to guarantee seats together we have to pay 12.50 too book them so we are not split up!!

Not going to do it as sounds like a con to me.

back to the headphone, I take my own and usually get along with the adaptor.

Headphones aside, I have just received an email saying that to guarantee seats together we have to pay 12.50 too book them so we are not split up!!

Not going to do it as sounds like a con to me.

back to the headphone, I take my own and usually get along with the adaptor.

Usually we don't bother either but for sake of £25 (for both of us) we decided to book 2 at the back.

The emergency exit rows were available for £37.50 as well.

Hi Benjamin. What happened last year was we actually checked in for our flight home from Barbados onboard, before leaving the ship. You receive a disembarkation information leaflet (I saved it and have it in front of me) in your cabin a couple of days in advance, explaining the procedure for immigration and security, luggage etc.

You are allocated a time to go to attend immigration inspection. Only one member of the party need attend with the passports etc if everyone has filled in their information. As far as we remember, boarding cards with seat numbers are given out at that time, so you can request seats together if available. Coloured luggage tags according to your flight are given out too, so you can tag your luggage and leave it outside your door on the last night. I guess it depends how many have pre booked seats as to whether you'll get seats together. We had no problem getting 2 seats together. I would suggest you get there a little before your allocated time so you can have a better chance of the seats you want.

You don't have to go through regular check in at Barbados airport. Your cases are taken off the ship and the next time you see them will be at the airport at home. Don't forget you'll need a bag for the things you require for the morning on the ship. Hope this helps. Come over to our roll call if you have any questions on this particular cruise. :)

I know I'm a bit sad and this may be a silly question but does anyone know if headphones for in-flight movies on Thomas Cook are chargeable? We have numerous sets of these, all of which are the same and so easy to pack in hand luggage, that I wonder whether to take a couple of sets with us. :)

They were definitely free last year on P&O Thomsons flight, so I expect the same will apply on TC, of course things could have changed now.

I used my own as the plane ones weren't very good.

Hi Benjamin1981

Go into the flight details and look at what is available - you do not have to prepay, and keep an eye on what is still available over the coming weeks .

I am a little bit fussy where I sit on airlines for long flights and have a tendency to fall asleep on my right, so a window seat on the right is my option, so unfortunately have paid for it. Being typically scottish it hurts.

Regards

JO

Hi Catherine,

I'm torn, as I just feel a little that the wool has been pulled over my eyes, our travel agent didn't let us know about the additional cost.

Have you given much thought to your excursions?

Benjamin, all charter airlines offer this additional service to pay to secure seats together. Its optional. We did it last year for peace of mind and compared to your cruise price its a relatively small amount.

Hi Catherine,

I'm torn, as I just feel a little that the wool has been pulled over my eyes, our travel agent didn't let us know about the additional cost.

Have you given much thought to your excursions?

To be honest I didn't think about the flight back when we booked, but as there are just the 2 of us (paying our own way) £12.50 isn't too bad.

There are quite a lot of seats blocked out so I wonder if they are held back for people who check in on the day, so plenty of seats still available.

We have booked Cosal tours in St Lucia - I'd read a lot of recommendations about his tours and it seems better value for money than the ones with P & O.

We haven't booked any others yet, I am researching some recommended local tours on the other Islands but I suspect we'll book a couple of excursions from the P & O list.

What about you?

Kevin - thanks for the information. I've never flown charter before, so its new to me. It's not really the money, just the fact that I wasn't told up front, but must not grumble too much.

U2 - Thanks for the explanation. I've always been quite an independent traveler, and seem to be worrying about little things.

Is your role call just to put names down, or can I ask any cruise specific questions?

Catherine - We've also had a look at Cosol Tours, and it looks very good. We are having a mad planning session in a couple of weeks. I'll keep you posted about what we find and we decide. Just in case there is anything of interest.

Thanks all,

Ben

Kevin - thanks for the information. I've never flown charter before, so its new to me. It's not really the money, just the fact that I wasn't told up front, but must not grumble too much.

U2 - Thanks for the explanation. I've always been quite an independent traveler, and seem to be worrying about little things.

Is your role call just to put names down, or can I ask any cruise specific questions?

Catherine - We've also had a look at Cosol Tours, and it looks very good. We are having a mad planning session in a couple of weeks. I'll keep you posted about what we find and we decide. Just in case there is anything of interest.

Thanks all,

Ben

Ben, the roll call isn't just for putting names down, though you can join in with the meet and greet if you wish. It's more about discussing the cruise: arrangements, ports and generally to get excited with people on the same trip. It's been pretty quiet but hotting up a bit now as we have paid and it's only 12 weeks away. :cool:

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=30079066&posted=1#

You can still ask away on the main page as well. You need as much information as possible and there are lots of people able to help :D

Cruising is definitely a different kind of travel. You need to do your first cruise to find out what it's all about. You won't be disappointed. ;)

Archived