Just Hurricane Insurance?

polinut

So, I have good coverage from my credit card on lost luggage, injury and medical issues - but it does not cover hurricanes and I am going on a cruise in a few weeks (just booked last night). I am trying to spend as little as possible and get something that will cover my cruise and plane tickets if a hurricane were to hit and result in cruise being canceled - does anyone know of places that would just provide this kind of coverage rather than package plans? I looked at some of the comparison sites and before I booked I just wanted to see if there was more targeted insurance.

Thanks for all your help!

So, I have good coverage from my credit card on lost luggage, injury and medical issues - but it does not cover hurricanes and I am going on a cruise in a few weeks (just booked last night). I am trying to spend as little as possible and get something that will cover my cruise and plane tickets if a hurricane were to hit and result in cruise being canceled - does anyone know of places that would just provide this kind of coverage rather than package plans? I looked at some of the comparison sites and before I booked I just wanted to see if there was more targeted insurance.

Thanks for all your help![/QUOT]

If your cruise is canceled you'll get a refund. Your only concern would be the air tickets. Find out what they would charge to change your tickets to a replacement cruise and that's your maximum risk.

I wouldn't worry about it. A cruise gets cancelled for weather extremely rarely. Not often enough in my mind to spend money insuring that risk.

Cruises are very, very rarely cancelled. If there's a hurricane or other bad weather, the captain just takes the ship away from the storm. You may miss port stops or spend extra days at sea, but your cruise will still sail.

Archived