Taking sleeping on your balcony to a whole new level

We have slept on our balcony a couple of times. The last time we did was on the Dream (as I recall) where I dragged both mattresses onto the balcony. It was a beautiful night as we fell asleep (looking up at scattered moonlit clouds). Around 3 am it started to lightly rain. What a depressing way to wake up -- after a short period of denial the mood quickly changed as the rain picked up. What a depressing way to end what was so nice!

Tom

I remember on the Carnival Splendor before I got my CPAP machine I snored and kept my wife awake. So one day into the cruise I put the sofa bed mattress on the balcony and slept on that. It was wonderful watching the moon on the ocean and the sunrise. Next night when we got back to the cabin the mattress had been put back in the sofa :-( But they had put a real mattress on the balcony and made me a bed :-) Scary part was that one night towards the end of the end of the cruise the wind was picking up and I found that I was floating off the floor of the balcony by about a foot. And I weigh 280lbs :eek:

Archived