Taking sleeping on your balcony to a whole new level

We have slept on our balcony a couple of times. The last time we did was on the Dream (as I recall) where I dragged both mattresses onto the balcony. It was a beautiful night as we fell asleep (looking up at scattered moonlit clouds). Around 3 am it started to lightly rain. What a depressing way to wake up -- after a short period of denial the mood quickly changed as the rain picked up. What a depressing way to end what was so nice!

Tom

LOL..but i love that you guys gave it the boy and girl scout try !!!:D

I'm not sure, but I wouldn't want to spend my cruise with people like that either. Sounds high maintenance.

Plus the condo and maintenance and tax/insurance fees..huge networth for all that, over and above the 2 to 5 million place..sarah

Sounds wonderful but these guys fall on hard times too..so high...i am sure there are some nice people but ,,lots of high maintenance too...sarah

This looks really really awesome, and I would love to experience it. I am sure it would not happen in this lifetime, but in the middle of the night when I get up, I am a clutz. This would worry me. LOL! I agree only if the ship were anchored.

I am also a klutz in the night truchattycathy mostly because I am prone to sleepwalking. My husband always makes certain the balcony door is locked on every cruise so I don't wander out.

At home I have never made it outside but he became concerned one night when I made it out into the garage. I must have been planning dinner and looking in the deep freeze.

I'm not sure, but I wouldn't want to spend my cruise with people like that either. Sounds high maintenance.

Its not really set up for middle class...these people are all mutli millionaires. I think even to buy in you need a net worth in the high 7 figures.

So how much do these 'apts' cost? I think I could retire on a ship! (after I win the lottery perhaps? :D:D)

I was thinking I would love to be able to buy an apartment on a ship (IF I was lucky enough to win the jackpot). But if I could afford that, I think I would rather just book whatever cruise whenever I wanted to go, and could enjoy the penthouse or owner suite. Would be good enough for me! :D

We have slept on our balcony a couple of times. The last time we did was on the Dream (as I recall) where I dragged both mattresses onto the balcony. It was a beautiful night as we fell asleep (looking up at scattered moonlit clouds). Around 3 am it started to lightly rain. What a depressing way to wake up -- after a short period of denial the mood quickly changed as the rain picked up. What a depressing way to end what was so nice!

Tom

We were on the Dream in the med and I could not sleep one night and went walk-about. Came back to the cabin and could not find my partner who I had left sound asleep..Found her, on the balcony asleep as you described ...lol..It was an aft and was VERY relaxing

We were on the Dream in the med and I could not sleep one night and went walk-about. Came back to the cabin and could not find my partner who I had left sound asleep..Found her, on the balcony asleep as you described ...lol..It was an aft and was VERY relaxing

Yep - Aft (corner) for us. It can be very tranquil there!

Tom

It's not that it's not allowed. It is not recommended.

Sleep walking, rogue waves, storms, etc. :eek:

Looks like heaven, but I was thinking along similar lines.....if you're relatively close to land...mosquitoes, flies, bats...etc:eek:. But, wow, looks like paradise--nothing puts you to a great sleep better than the sea air--a day at the beach is proof enough for me!!:)

• 1 year later...
It's not that it's not allowed. It is not recommended.

Sleep walking, rogue waves, storms, etc. :eek:

Sleep walking - never have, not concerned. Rogue waves or a sudden storm, you got me there. I think I'll stay on the climate controlled side of the door. :)

Those are called Bali Beds. Sounds like it something residents can reserve as a perk

http://www.thecordovatimes.com/article/1233the-world-sets-anchor-in-orca-inlet

And, up on deck, an area described as the Bali Beds which takes camping topside on an Alaska ferry to a whole other level. A row of open air sleeping nooks face the sea. When residents reserve them they are fitted with linens and stacks of airy pillows. A phone sits next to each so in the morning you can call for coffee and breakfast to be served.

Archived