Taking sleeping on your balcony to a whole new level

Saw a show about this on the travel channel. These are homes owned by the uber rich on this ship called the World. That would their condominium so they wouldn't have neighbors.

Have you checked them out online? I was drooling. Definitely a little too pricey for us though.

Saw a show about this on the travel channel. These are homes owned by the uber rich on this ship called the World. That would their condominium so they wouldn't have neighbors.

I saw that too....also when Anthony Bourdain spent some time on the shop, cooking. Each condo has a really state of the art kitchen.

I just need the lotto numbers and then Im all set! :o

I fell asleep on our balconies plenty of times.

However, I feel like a hobo after looking at these pix!

(Just kidding. Any time I can fall asleep on a balcony overlooking some water I think I am blessed!)

Have you checked them out online? I was drooling. Definitely a little too pricey for us though.

Isn't that the show that the narrator said if they received the wrong wine at dinner it would ruin their day? I would not want to be with people like that, no matter how much money they have.

I almost fell asleep on my balcony one night...then realized what I would look like in the morning if we pulled in to a port, snoring, drooling, mouth wide open, etc. *sigh* went back inside to sleep there.

Water resistent sheets? Dew/moisture in the AM has to be an issue. I would be this isn't allowed unless the weathe ris calm and the ship isn't moving, i.e.,anchored/moored overnight somewhere.

We will have our first balcony room in October..and was hoping to sleep out there one night.. in reading this above, I'm assuming thats not allowed??

We will have our first balcony room in October..and was hoping to sleep out there one night.. in reading this above, I'm assuming thats not allowed??

It's not that it's not allowed. It is not recommended.

Sleep walking, rogue waves, storms, etc. :eek:

how much do these 'apts' cost? I think I could retire on a ship! (after I win the lottery perhaps? :D:D)

Here is the FAQ http://www.aboardtheworld.com/sites/default/files/TheWorld-FAQ.pdf

I would guess the studios would be "least" expensive and that probably a couple of million. The FAQ says the top apts are valued at over 5mil

I think the start at $1mm. I recall seeing an ad for a rental, $10k for the week!

I doubt 10k would even get you a day lol Some Suites on RCL can run well over 10K easily for a week.

Isn't that the show that the narrator said if they received the wrong wine at dinner it would ruin their day? I would not want to be with people like that, no matter how much money they have.

I almost fell asleep on my balcony one night...then realized what I would look like in the morning if we pulled in to a port, snoring, drooling, mouth wide open, etc. *sigh* went back inside to sleep there.

I'm not sure, but I wouldn't want to spend my cruise with people like that either. Sounds high maintenance.

We saw this ship come into Charleston about two months ago. We watched the Fantasy leave and they passed each other in the harbor.

It show up here about once per year. It is a small ship but not many passengers on it since most condos are huge.

It has a grocery store onboard if you choose to cook or you can get your supplied while in the ports.

I agree with others too high maintenance (the people and the condo fees) for my liking.

We have slept on our balcony a couple of times. The last time we did was on the Dream (as I recall) where I dragged both mattresses onto the balcony. It was a beautiful night as we fell asleep (looking up at scattered moonlit clouds). Around 3 am it started to lightly rain. What a depressing way to wake up -- after a short period of denial the mood quickly changed as the rain picked up. What a depressing way to end what was so nice!

Tom

Archived