WHY do we Cruise and enjoy it so much?

I'll bite :D

For me and my wife it is meeting a better class of people in the bars and restaurant's the craic is really good and where else can you wake up nearly every morning in another Country.

Also you don't get the Hooligan drink element in the bars on board and not being pestered passing each bar trying to entice you in with bogof drinks at certain times of the day in some resorts.

RR

Probably a lot more I can add but it's beer time :p

For me and my wife it is meeting a better class of people in the bars and restaurant's the craic is really good and where else can you wake up nearly every morning in another Country.

Also you don't get the Hooligan drink element in the bars on board and not being pestered passing each bar trying to entice you in with bogof drinks at certain times of the day in some resorts.

RR

Nice one Not sure about the better class of people but like myself Thomson is what i suppose you could call a working class Cruise line. So true though about the Bars and being dragged in or pestered is the right word. I,m not snobby at all i am working class i enjoy the Craic like the next guy lol. It,s just since we have got older Cruising seems to the deal. Someone who used to Magaluff every year in fact 26 times here, So i know where yur coming from.

Off to Weatherspoons now :D

Bit like Keiths "Devils Advocate" post this one. We sat on our Balcony at our Hotel in Es Cana in Ibiza talking about our Holiday, Funny we looked at each other and said "But it's not a Cruise is it" lol anyone else done this? We are not insane honest :D

Hotel Panorama by any chance?

Flopsy

Nice one Not sure about the better class of people but like myself Thomson is what i suppose you could call a working class Cruise line.

I,m not snobby at all i am working class i enjoy the Craic like the next guy lol.

Off to Weatherspoons now :D

Oh I'm absolutely working class :D

lets face it I am 59 but still think I am 25 ,but then i look at the holidays myself and beloved want now and the ones we use to have , Thomsson have got it nearly right in all ways :)

keep the floating Trafford Centres at Sea for those who do not want not to experience all the fun of a small old ship good crew and entertainment ,

saying that the Oasis of the Seas looks good ,how many passengers ?

7000 + ?

if you have an inside cabin it has a balcony overlooking the central park/broadway :cool:

not for me will stick to deck 6/7 Dream

Each to his own

:D

Stevie

RR

But then you can avoid all that by booking a gite or apartment off the beaten track. Then the company in the local bar is likely to be local and not even speak fluent English (but you can get that in Birmingham too I guess!!! - sorry Brummies :). Now that's when the craic gets really interesting! ;)

But you don't get the entertainment, change of scenery and instant access to help if you get ill either!

But then you can avoid all that by booking a gite or apartment off the beaten track. Then the company in the local bar is likely to be local and not even speak fluent English (but you can get that in Birmingham too I guess!!! - sorry Brummies :). Now that's when the craic gets really interesting! ;)

But you don't get the entertainment, change of scenery and instant access to help if you get ill either!

Plus points - Yes waking up to a new itinery every day

Extraordinarily nice fellow passengers

Efficiency of everything in most senses thats good , however.........

Negative [ for me ] aspects: Bit of a dash about being herded to touristy spots without really getting a flovour of the locality - outweighed by above - just

Cooking lacks local flavour and entertainment is the same really, it's all very MOR, I appreciate that it has to be like that - yes we actually enjoy and prefer rustic meals in different tavernas and chancing it along with local music

Yes thank God for the access to a Dr :) or I may not be writing this! anyway I;ve booked a Suite on Destiny for next June to make up for missing the Adriatic this year,however [ god willing ] after that I may well go back to self catering where we can get out and about, something else you cant do on the waves....also, this demonisation of youth thing, it's nonsense ! we all know where the kids hang out - or should do by now,I never go to them the only time I felt threatened in any way was in Cornwall!

Bit like Keiths "Devils Advocate" post this one. We sat on our Balcony at our Hotel in Es Cana in Ibiza talking about our Holiday, Funny we looked at each other and said "But it's not a Cruise is it" lol anyone else done this? We are not insane honest :D

It's funny you should say that. My husband & I spent a week in Malta in June and said the very same thing. This cruising business can be quite addictive. Just waiting for my next 'fix' in September, off on the Destiny.

I hate cruising

Here I am going for the 9th, oops 10th, i lose count, time in September and i don't want to go.

I don't want to go for the 4 cruises booked for next year either.

funny thing is when I actually set of on the cruise I start to feel better and at the end don't want to come back. They must be doing something right ;)

I hate cruising

Here I am going for the 9th, oops 10th, i lose count, time in September and i don't want to go.

funny thing is when I actually set of on the cruise I start to feel better and at the end don't want to come back. They must be doing something right ;)

Apart from the afct that you must be loaded and have a lot of time on your hands, you clearly are addicted and , therefore , an unreliable source of objectivity...you are dismissed :)

I hate cruising

Apart from the fact that you must be loaded and have a lot of time on your hands, you clearly are addicted and , therefore , an unreliable source of objectivity...you are dismissed :)

I hate cruising

LOL Nice One Dave thats how we feel all that packing omg it's worth it..

It's funny you should say that. My husband & I spent a week in Malta in June and said the very same thing. This cruising business can be quite addictive. Just waiting for my next 'fix' in September, off on the Destiny.

Hi Tina i think you and your OH have the same addiction as ourselves 58 &66 respectfully we love cruisng and will be booking fr January and July 2012 soon.;)

Never done land based holidays but cruising for me is the way to go. Great food and entertainment on tap very easy to strike up conversations. If you need quiet time always somewhere to go within a few minutes walk. Seeing different places without having to pack and unpack all the time. Mary :D:D:D

Archived