Rock Wall

I have cruised on the Monarch several times in the past, but this is the first time that I have seen it leave port. I must say, and I know I will ruffle a few feathers, that rock wall takes away a lot of the character of the ship, not to mention the best seat in the house in the Viking Crown Lounge. I wonder: does anyone climb it?

Can't answer for Monarch but on others I spend a lot of time there. Last cruise by fingers were literally bleeding raw. The walls on these ships are better than many rock gyms I've been to.

Look at the rock wall on RCI. Look at the loopy water slide on Celeberty or the new Disney. Character?

The problem is that on all of the ships that are smaller than the Radiance class the rock walls were added on afterwards. They were not included in the ship design. That is why they don't fit in as aesthetically as they do with the Radiance, Voyager, and newer ships.

It is a little bit like sticking a Garmin navigation box on your car windshield. It just doesn't look as pleasing as one that is built into your car.;)

Archived