need Sun info quick, please!!

39august

I have a bargain rate for a mini on a December sailing, but need info about the shape the Sun is in and any other information regarding service, food, decor, and activities that I can get from recent cruisers. She is the oldest of this class shiip and tho' I was on the Dawn 3 times in the late 90's, I haven't been on a Sun class ship since 2000.

Sailed on the Sun last spring and have her booked again for spring 2006. Found her in very nice shape, clean with great service.

Had an AC mini suite last spring and although it was more like the Vista Suites on the Grand Class ship, would have preferred an AB at the aft as the balconies are so much larger and nicer. (have an AB booked for Spring 2006)

Staff was very accomodating and the food was comparible to other Princess ships we have sailed on.

We also didn't feel that the Sun was showing her age at all. Very nice from bow to stern. :D

We were on the SUn for the 2/27 sailing. We really enjoyed the SUn and found it to be in very good condition. We worried after booking because we saw some very uncomplementary posts regarding the ship's condition. I think you need to decide what type of ship that you want and go from there. It was our first Princess cruise and we would go on Princess again if the value/itinerary axis lines up. Now, we were not that impressed with the entertainment but this is not a big issue for us. Food was great in Verdis (italian restaurant), good in the Horizon buffet. Dining room (Regency) food was very mediocre for the first 5 days and improved gradually over the last five days. Dining room service was OK, nothing special by any means. Room steward was first rate. Ship was very clean. Weather warm, seas calm. Have been on Crystal, RCI, and Celebrity so this was rule of measure for us.

We were on the Sun this past November. The ship seemed to be in pretty good shape and well taken care of for it's age. You might be interested in some of the pictures below.

Thanks for the great pictures – especially of my buddy Dan and his staff! It’s difficult to understand how some posts claim that Sun Princess is run down after looking at your collection of pictures…

I have a bargain rate for a mini on a December sailing, but need info about the shape the Sun is in and any other information regarding service, food, decor, and activities that I can get from recent cruisers. She is the oldest of this class shiip and tho' I was on the Dawn 3 times in the late 90's, I haven't been on a Sun class ship since 2000.

We just got off the SUN last week... spent 10 days on her down in the E. Caribbean. I think the ship is in great condition considering her age. Our stateroom was very nicely maintained by our room steward. (Aloha deck, balcony).

Even though we were not 100% satisified with our sailing (keep in mind this is our first ever)..I don't think it was the ship, but more so the selection (age) of the passengers on this particular cruise.

Dining room food was good, but in our opinion, the few times we did go to the Horizon court, it was nothing special.

Room service was excellent, both quality of food and service.

Shows were a pleasant suprise too..we saw a few very entertaining and talented performers.

Good luck with your plans!!!

Check out the Live From the Sun thread that has been going since the 1/28 sailing. There is a lot of info there from recent Sun cruisers. We were on that sailing and thought the Sun was in great shape and food was very good. Don't think you will be disappointed.

Check out the Live From the Sun thread that has been going since the 1/28 sailing. There is a lot of info there from recent Sun cruisers. We were on that sailing and thought the Sun was in great shape and food was very good. Don't think you will be disappointed.

You are correct Mary!We have been talking up the Sun on this thread since 1/28 and I think everyone has come back very satisfied with the whole Princess product on this ship,especially the food and the wonderful staff.

Check out the thread to get all your Sun Princess questions answered.

Archived