Soda in luggage

msshawn

I have not cruised since 08.....I Packed my soda in my luggage back in 08 and did not have a problem......so please help me understand....can I no do that way anymore and BTW I have not been on this site in a while.

Its definately stated as carry-on only.

That being said we hadn't paid that much attention to the difference in policy. We always packed our soda in a small rolling suitcase. On 3 of our 4 recent cruises that case made it onboard with our checked luggage just fine. Only in 1 instance they left me a little note saying that they had searched it. You could clearly tell that they had rifled through things and 2 of my red bull cans were damaged and one was starting to leak into the case. It only dampened a pair of shoes but made me worry about the possibility of dripping on other peoples stuff.

Our last cruise I intended to roll that little case on with me so I knew it wasn't getting mishandled. Hubby tried to send it with the porters to be checked and they declined it. I think he finally understands that we have to carry it on now.

I lay a foldable/colapsable cooler bag from Sams club flat in the bottom of the suitcase and then layer in 20 oz bottles of soda, my red bull, some small bottles of cranberry juice, my powdered baja bobs margarita mix, a shaker, and whatever other mixers we decide on for our tequila and vodka that BV delivers to our room.

I only had to wipe red bull off my shoes. But I can only imagine what could have happened to my clothes or anyone elses clothes if the leak had been worse.

Just off of the Liberty yesterday. I had the best intentions of carrying our drinks on. I packed them in a rolling suitcase with nothing else to bring on. When we got to security, I realized I had left it with the porters- WITHOUT A LUGGAGE TAG!!

I quickly found the porter, put a luggage tag on it as it was under several other suitcases. He said it would get through no problem.

Sure enough, it arrived to our cabin later that evening. It did not have wine or other alcohol in it. There was a small orange and white striped tag? Don't know what that was for.

But it did make it

For me it just seems easier to read the rules and do what I'm asked to do. It's easy and I have more enjoyable things to do than wonder what the bag police will and won't find or decide to ignore for one reason or another.

For me it just seems easier to read the rules and do what I'm asked to do. It's easy and I have more enjoyable things to do than wonder what the bag police will and won't find or decide to ignore for one reason or another.

I/we do not drink so we just put our sodas in 12 pack coolers inside a suit case all buy it self, and we have had no problem. Besides who wants to drag around a 12 pack? Your on vacation right? Why should anyone have to baby sit a carry on until your room opens up!:)

The bag police broke one of my suitcases that had only clothes in it- no drinks, no liquids. So even following the rules can still lead to problems. Went to the Purser's desk. They comped us the value of our ruined bag that matched out set and I had to buy 2 not so nice bags in the gift shop.

Not trying to sound mean, just wanted to mention :)

Silly question: Does this apply for kids too? I would think so since they are paying same price as adult. (I'm picturing my 8 year old lugging his 12 pack of Dr. Pepper, LOL)

Of course. 12 per person.

Its definately stated as carry-on only.

That being said we hadn't paid that much attention to the difference in policy. We always packed our soda in a small rolling suitcase. On 3 of our 4 recent cruises that case made it onboard with our checked luggage just fine. Only in 1 instance they left me a little note saying that they had searched it. You could clearly tell that they had rifled through things and 2 of my red bull cans were damaged and one was starting to leak into the case. It only dampened a pair of shoes but made me worry about the possibility of dripping on other peoples stuff.

Our last cruise I intended to roll that little case on with me so I knew it wasn't getting mishandled. Hubby tried to send it with the porters to be checked and they declined it. I think he finally understands that we have to carry it on now.

I lay a foldable/colapsable cooler bag from Sams club flat in the bottom of the suitcase and then layer in 20 oz bottles of soda, my red bull, some small bottles of cranberry juice, my powdered baja bobs margarita mix, a shaker, and whatever other mixers we decide on for our tequila and vodka that BV delivers to our room.

I only had to wipe red bull off my shoes. But I can only imagine what could have happened to my clothes or anyone elses clothes if the leak had been worse.

I've done the same thing but I put it into 2 gallon ziplock bags and never had a problem, I als sent it in the suitecase with mu shoes and foldable cooler

I wanted to make sure this information was right (I have heard 2 different things over time) before hauling around a 12-pack of soda. I was told the Conquest (and Carnival as a whole??) does not serve Pepsi products. I like root beer, but, prefer no caffeine when out in the heat and staying active. Pepsi's brand of Mugs is usually my choice as Coke's brand (Barq's ?) does contain caffeine. Sprite works in a pinch, but, I prefer root beer. Can anyone confirm Conquest and Coke products before I pack up the Mugs? :)

I/we do not drink so we just put our sodas in 12 pack coolers inside a suit case all buy it self, and we have had no problem. Besides who wants to drag around a 12 pack? Your on vacation right? Why should anyone have to baby sit a carry on until your room opens up!:)

Because Carnival is nice enough to allow us this privilege, that's why. The fact that they are allowing me to save major bucks by bringing my own drinks on board makes me feel just fine wheeling my sodas around to the room is ready. I wouldn't be surprised if Carnival ceases this privilege soon due to so many folks thinking Carnival's policy doesn'y apply to them.

If you don't want to babysit your drinks, then Carnival has a convenient solution for you. It's called a soda card.

On our last cruise aboard the conquest I packed soda in our carryon as well as our checked luggage. The ones in the carry one I left in their original package. They never opened our bags or checked them at all. The ones in our checked luggage I left in the original package and wrapped in several garbage bags and bubble wrap. I did not want them to leak. They were searched , one end was opened to see that it was diet coke and sent along with a letter to the room.

...it would certainly be easier (in our case) to roll on 2 or 3 12 packs in one suitcase (which DAD would have to handle!) than to have 3 different people carry on a 12 pack each.

...So, I guess my question is, can one person in the family carry on the family's soda quota? Anyone with any experience with this situation?

...it would certainly be easier (in our case) to roll on 2 or 3 12 packs in one suitcase (which DAD would have to handle!) than to have 3 different people carry on a 12 pack each.

...So, I guess my question is, can one person in the family carry on the family's soda quota? Anyone with any experience with this situation?

Hi Elaine...I havent done it with soda, but I have carried on 4-5 bottles of champagne in one bag for all of the adults in our party. Worked for champagne, I cant imagine it wouldnt be ok for soda too.

I say just take it on in a carry-on suitcase, it is not that much trouble, especially if your carry on has wheels. This is nice perk Carnival allows us to do. Although everytime security always opens it up and takes a peak but it's never a hassle.

Hopefully this continues because I need my Pepsi, and Coke is awful! :p

We carry on our 12 packs and pack a collapsibloe cooler that the steward keeps filled with ice. Soda cards are nice, but I believe they are only for the fountain drink sodas and I don't like them - I like the canned or bottled only....

Yes, Elaine, everyone's allotted non-alcoholic drinks can be packed in one bag for Dad to handle. When we cruised last month, there were six in our group and my hubby was the rolling bag handler with the water and soda for all of us. We were laughing so hard because the bag was so heavy and weighted down, the back wheel cracked off and it was dragging. Didn't stop hubby, he just dragged that thing onboard.

Archived