Tampa shuttles - are there any?

firefly333

i used super shuttle (i was staying downtown, not cruising, and they were good....

BTW,,i stayed at the Intercontinental that i got on LMT...it was a pretty decent place...they had an airport shuttle and are opposite a big mall, and there's a walgreens, starbucks, chase bank and other stuff that is walkable.....it was clean, very nice and very comfy....

i also found this on google...know nothing about them, but....what the heck..

http://www.tampacruiseshipshuttle.com/

If I pick a airport hotel, I still need to get to the port and back to the airport afterwards.

someone posted on my other thread a taxi could cost $35 which seems like a lot.

Any shuttle services?

Not sure where you saw that cab fare indicated, but I doubt it's accurate. Posted cab fare from the airport to the port - or any of the hotels in the downtown area - is a flat rate of $25 (per vehicle, not per person). Same fare for the return from the downtown area to the airport.

Only way it would be in the $35 range would be if your hotel was further out, maybe into the Busch Gardens area.

We're also interested in info. on shuttle service - but for a group of 14. The Intercontinental is on our list of possibilities, as well as other downtown/Ybor City hotels that do not have shuttles. I found these 2 in addition to supershuttle:

http://www.olympuslimo.com/

http://www.blueonetransportation.com/

Unfortunately,I did not find many user reviews for any of these. Any CC members use their services?

I also thought I read somewhere that supershuttle doesn't run from hotel to cruiseport. I have an email in to them and will post their answer.

Dave

Not sure where you saw that cab fare indicated, but I doubt it's accurate. Posted cab fare from the airport to the port - or any of the hotels in the downtown area - is a flat rate of $25 (per vehicle, not per person). Same fare for the return from the downtown area to the airport.

Only way it would be in the $35 range would be if your hotel was further out, maybe into the Busch Gardens area.

I got the "$25 to $35" on my other thread where I asked how much is cab fare. They said the Sheraton Suites or Hyatt Place is further than the airport. (decided on Sheraton Suites)

OK, I booked Sheraton Suites, thru hotwire. I wanted a hotel with a free shuttle from the airport, and hotwire indicates shuttles.

I can wait until 11:30 am shuttle or taxi a taxi or find a shuttle. I hate to wait until the 11:30 shuttle. The hotel shuttle to the port is $15 pp.

Update to my earlier post - supershuttle does indeed shuttle from hotel to port. They also quoted a price for our group to be picked up at the port and shuttled to the airport. I'll keep them on our short list of possibilities.

Hopefully, someone here will have some experiences to share!

Dave

I called tampa bay shuttles yesterday and they said from the rocky point area it would run about $11 per person. Not too bad. also the Hampton inn Rocky point has a cruise ship shuttle pkg. That is where we are thinking about booking. Still undecided though.

I called tampa bay shuttles yesterday and they said from the rocky point area it would run about $11 per person. Not too bad. also the Hampton inn Rocky point has a cruise ship shuttle pkg. That is where we are thinking about booking. Still undecided though.

We are at sheraton suites, which must be not too far from the airport.

I had called supershuttle, so already knew they would give me a quote from the hotel to the port, but they said they would have to call to get the quote.

Im starting to think just take a taxi .. how much more can it be. Im not sure I want to wait until 11:30 for sheraton's first port shuttle.

Have not been to tampa since I was a teen, many moon ago, so I am as confused as any newby to tampa.

The Sheraton Suites is very close to the airport and no more than 15 minutes to the port. The 11:30 am shuttle should be fine :) One thing to consider is the Supershuttle may make multiple stops if they are covering more than one hotel with the shared van.

Not sure about the taxi rates but I'm guessing if you call the hotel they can give you a general idea of what it would be or the phone number to yellow cab or whoever they call for those heading to the port.

Have a great time on your cruise and I hope you enjoy your stay in Tampa :D

We are at sheraton suites, which must be not too far from the airport.

I had called supershuttle, so already knew they would give me a quote from the hotel to the port, but they said they would have to call to get the quote.

Im starting to think just take a taxi .. how much more can it be. Im not sure I want to wait until 11:30 for sheraton's first port shuttle.

Have not been to tampa since I was a teen, many moon ago, so I am as confused as any newby to tampa.

Hi Firefly, you will do just fine with taking a taxi from your hotel to the port. Here is a link for you to see how close it is, just a few miles. (A.) on the map would be your hotel and (B.) on the map is the port of Tampa. (you may need to zoom out a little on the map) It is actually closer than the Airport so it should not cost as much. When your cruise is over, just go outside the port and hail a taxi back to the airport. The set rate from the port of Tampa to TIA is $25 for up to 4 passengers. Perhaps you could find someone else to split the taxi fare. There are always lots of folks wanting taxis back to the airport.

http://www.sheratonsuitestampa.com/tampa-cruise-port-hotels

Just for future reference; there are 3 Tampa hotels that I am positive of that offers a cruise pkg that includes ALL of the shuttles. Airport pick up, shuttle to the port and pick up from the port back to the airport when the cruise is over. This also includes free breakfast and a free shuttle service anywhere within a 4 mile area. They are the Holiday Inn Rocky Point, Hampton Inn Rocky Point and Chase Suites Rocky Point. Rocky Point is just to the other side of the airport in a nice upscale area that overlooks the Bay. I originaly booked our cruise pkg at the HI for $109 but kept checking the internet specials and finally caught a sale for $89. This price included everything. So keep this in mind if you have any future Tampa cruises as it may save you a little money and less headache on the transportation issues. In additon, the hotels are newer, clean and in a really nice area of town about 15 minutes from the port.

Wishing you a great cruise and nice sunny weather. Cari :)

Hoosiercouple - thanks for the great hotel information. We just booked a cruise out of Tampa for next February. We have never sailed out of Tampa before so we are very unfamiliar with the area. I will check into each of the hotels you have listed. We normally prefer Hampton Inn, but I will see what deals I can find. Do you know if any of these hotels are within walking distance of any restaurants and also some sort of store so we can buy soda before going to the port? We normally go out of Miami and walk to CVS for soda. Thanks!!

• 2 months later...
Does anyone know of a shuttle service that can take 7 people from the Tampa Cruise Port to the Lakeland Linder Airport? Having a really hard time finding anything. :(

Did you ever find one? I'm also looking.

Cheers

Does anyone know of a shuttle service that can take 7 people from the Tampa Cruise Port to the Lakeland Linder Airport? Having a really hard time finding anything. :(

Did you ever find one? I'm also looking.

Cheers

We're also interested in info. on shuttle service - but for a group of 14. The Intercontinental is on our list of possibilities, as well as other downtown/Ybor City hotels that do not have shuttles. I found these 2 in addition to supershuttle:

http://www.olympuslimo.com/

http://www.blueonetransportation.com/

Unfortunately,I did not find many user reviews for any of these. Any CC members use their services?

I also thought I read somewhere that supershuttle doesn't run from hotel to cruiseport. I have an email in to them and will post their answer.

Dave

A few months ago, I used Blue One and they were either $8 or 10/pp from Intercontinental to cruiseport. Cruiseport to airport they were $10/pp. Blue One sits right outside from baggage area after cruise with minivans, as soon as they fill up , they leave , no more than 5-10 min wait. I've used them several times and never had a problem. If you want a taxi, use Yellow cab.

Archived