Travel Thanksgiving Day & 12:55pm Out of San Diego?

cruisecrasy

Considering booking AA out of Seattle to San Diego Thanksgiving day - 24th Nov - have u ever done this and wld u recommend travelling that day? Since cruise finishes Dec 3rd was considering a return flt at 12:55pm but am concerned re: making that flt. Can't get much else later except 4:00+ that takes extra time to get home 'cause of a stop - wld u suggest an overnite there just for peace of mind and fly home next day? We are in San Diego a couple of days before so not interested in sightseeing just making our flt. Really appreciate reading your views here!!

Hi-

Your return trip at 12:55 will be fine.....I knew many people on our cruise terminating in San Diego making it to the airport by 10AM or so, especially since the airport is only a couple of miles from the pier. Also SAN is fairly good at checking you in on time and getting through security, I've flown from there a bunch of times and never a problem!

As for flying in on Turkey-day, I've never done it but have heard from many people that it's nice because you're not involved with the crunch of travelers on the couple of days prior. I'd say go for it as it'll get you off to a nice & relaxing start to your cruise.

Jeff

I agree with Jeff, you should not have any problem making the return flight home-it is a 5 minute cab ride from the pier to the airport in San Diego.

I flew from Las Vegas to Birmingham on Thanksgiving Day a couple of years ago and it was very pleasant-not crowded but that is no guarantee that it will be the same this year. I still would think that it would be a good day to fly.

Have a great cruise!

Archived