Differences when downgrading classes?

Hello all,

I recently went on a cruise on Liberty in June and loved it, as most 18 year old guys would. My family has decided to go on another cruise in December aboard Explorer, which happens to be a smaller ship. What are some of the major differences I will see once onboard? Does it feel a ton smaller when downgrading? If anybody has any experiences with this, please share!!!!

It won't feel that much smaller.

Liberty is my favorite ship and I have sailed Explorer since being on her. Here's the main differences.

1. No Flowrider

2. No Sorrento's - although you can get pizza at the Cafe Promenade

3. The balconies do not open and are not all plexiglass

4. Not all the cabins have flat screen TV's

Other than that, they're very similar. I think you'll still really enjoy the Explorer.

Size wise, I think you'll be hard pressed to tell the difference (1,110 ft length for Liberty, 1,080 for for explorer.) Explorer is a little smaller in volume (137,000 GRT vs 154,000GRT)

The biggest thing I think you will notice is that the Explorer does NOT have the flowrider on it. I;m sure that the Liberty, might have a few more bells and whistles, but over all, the two classes of ship aren't that too far apart

Enjoy your cruise!

Aloha,

John

We had our first "real" sailing on Royal Caribbean on the Liberty of the Seas when she was new. What a fantastic introduction to all that is RCCL! Our next cruise was on the Adventure of the Seas, and I went through the same thinking as you.

Much like everyone else here, I doubt that you'll notice it all that much. We noticed that the Royal Promenade was a bit smaller on the Adventure, but it was still an enjoyable place to hang out.

I'm sure you'll have a great time!

Archived