First Time

ibar71

going on our first cruise in seven days icon7.gif on the island escape we have a DE-LUX balcony cabin as we are celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary and would appreciate any tips or advice that members can give

many thanks

Don't drink the pool water :D

Ok serious head on now..fire away what do you need to know.

Oasis restaurant has a cover charge of £14.99 per night per person book 4 nights get the 5th free so brings cost down

If you like sunbathing 1st day at sea is manic..get sun lounger early

Get to the shows early as they tend to get full quickly

You will get bombarded by the ships photographer..photo's can be expensive, do what I did. take a close up of the actual photo :D

Loads more..tea time calling will post some more later.

RR

Oasis restaurant has a cover charge of £14.99 per night per person book 4 nights get the 5th free so brings cost down

book after 9pm and the price goes down to £9.99 :D

RR - never thought of taking the photo close up :mad: cost me a fortune and swore I wasn't buying any this year

going on our first cruise in seven days icon7.gif on the island escape we have a DE-LUX balcony cabin as we are celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary and would appreciate any tips or advice that members can give

many thanks

Hey we will be on that cruise too. On our honeymoon. cya there

You will get bombarded by the ships photographer..photo's can be expensive, do what I did. take a close up of the actual photo :D

RR

What a tight wad you are!!:eek::eek: Good idea though, lol.:D

Get down to dinner early to avoid the scrum. Worth the effort as there are always queues to go in around 8.00pm.

Be ruthless if you want a sunbed. We are far too nice and fair minded and it's got us precisely nowhere. Same goes for seats in the bar, shows and dinner. It's a war zone out there, lol, and the fittest survive.

Get to the shops early if there's a sale on as some of the passengers resemble chimps when the bananas are thrown in. Arms full of handbags, watches, perfumes etc.:D

Although the bottled water is quite expensive they have an offer of £2.99 for a large bottle and an insulated canvas bottle carrier with a pocket and shoulder strap which is well worth the money and useful on trips as the water doesn't have to be put in a rucksack. Nice souvenir too as it has the Island Escape logo on. Get them at the gangway on leaving the ship in port.

Jan

So you will be doing the same itinerary as we did a month ago...I think... so any questions about the ports ask away!!!

We loved the itinerary Propriano, Cannes and Mahon our favourites and easy to explore on your own.... but we've done Rome and Florence before so not quite so exciting for us! we just explored Livorno and went on the train to the Vatican from Civitavecchia....but Civitavecchia is nice enough to wander around with a beach, small harbour and some shops with a large-ish market! :)

!

Civitavecchia is nice enough to wander around with a beach, small harbour and some shops with a large-ish market! :)

Quite agree Jenny, we have been twice and stayed in Civitavecchia both times. Too much to see in Rome in a day I think. :eek: Civitavecchia is a lovely place and I got a lovely leather handbag in the market for £10;)

Archived