Ready to cross the bridge from DCL to RCCL!

I am so excited and I appreciate all of the info you can provide! I look forward to becoming a member of the RCCL cruising family!! :)

My family has been on 2 DCL cruises, we love DCL. For a variety of reasons, we are ready to move on and experience other opportunities! We always sail with my family (myself, hubby & son [now 15]) and my brother-in-law, sister-in-law and 2 nephews [now 19 & 21].

I am busy planning out next big vacation for the summer of 2014. A big time for graduation, nephew from college and son from high school.

I am thinking cruise to Europe. Family is open to whatever I recommend because I have planned all of our vacations. :D

1. Can you provide recommendations on RCCL European Cruises?

2. Airfare is expensive, what are your tricks for flying to Europe and back cheaper?

• Do you fly into a smaller, further airport and take the train or cab to the port?
  • Is there a specific time that is cheaper to fly into Europe?

THANK YOU FOR ALL OF YOUR HELP!!!!

Having done two DCL Europe cruises as well as one RCL I would say both were excellent. Your kids will love the "graduation" to teen activities aboard the RCL ships. Our daughter loved DCL but grew out of that phase and really enjoys the teen life on RCL. You should also look at the Carribean sailings aboard the Freedom class so the kids can enjoy the life style such as flow rider and ice rink and climbing walls. I feel the entertainment is better on RCL just for the fact that it is not Disney-centric and more diverse. Food is about equal as well as service.IMHO. I can't help you on airfare because I could never find a reasonable rate:( but can recommend by other cruisers on board DON"T FLY THROUGH HEATHROW. Everyone on our cruise either lost their luggage or some of their luggage.:eek: Barcelona is a wonderful city so go at least a day or two early to see a European Gem. But anyways congrats on your move.:)

Check out the Adriatic cruises with RCCL. They seem to be a little less expensive and offer such interesting ports. I have never been, but my cruise buddies recommend it out of all the Med cruises. Venice and Dubrovnik which are both so interesting, Not the usual places people want to visit like Rome, etc. But a great value for the money.

I've never cruised Europe, but have been there on numerous land trips. Heathrow is a nightmare. Cruising Europe is definitely on our list, we just can't seem to get out of the Caribbean. Given the ages of the young men in your family, I would definitely make plans to sail on the Allure or Oasis unless they are really just into seeing Europe. It's really hard to see a European city when you only have one day in port. I haven't sailed either of these ships, but from all the posts here, they are the hottest thing out there right now especially for your age group. Good luck.:)

When you have booked your cruise - check out the air offered by Choice Air. You can check the prices as many people report when arriving and departing from different cities the airfares are cheaper than booking yourself. Also be aware that if you book some of the cheap Europeon airlines you maybe hit with additional luggage fees.

Archived