Disembarkation times

kleven

Can anyone tell me what time we are likely to disembark in Whittier? We arrive there on Island Princess on May 28 and are trying to set up a flight-seeing trip in Anchorage later that day. We are transferring to Anchorage by motorcoach through Princess. Thanks.

Disembarkment starts VERY early. If you want to be on the first buses, I would say I have an early flight. The schedules are done according to travel needs. The problem with Whittier is the tunnel waits, since the tunnel is open about 15 min./hour each direction. I would arrange an 11am flight or later. Have a bus that goes to the airport, store your bags then cab or arrange pick up with Rust's.

Hi Kleven.

That is great that you are on the Island Princess. I started a roll call come check it out:

New Roll Call Island Princess 5-21-05 Northbound Alaska!

Actually it has been going on since January but we keep starting new ones. So far it is myself and my DH and also Tedjazz and his DW!! Come join our thread. We have been hoping for new passengers to join us!!!

Pam

We arrive on Dawn on June 6th. We have arranged private transportation to meet us on the pier with bags at 8:45 to make the tunnel.

Assume they put our bags on pier to find? vs. shipping on bus/train with the bulk of Princess passengers?

Will our departure time be reasonable, say 8am or so?

We arrive on Dawn on June 6th. We have arranged private transportation to meet us on the pier with bags at 8:45 to make the tunnel.

Assume they put our bags on pier to find? vs. shipping on bus/train with the bulk of Princess passengers?

Will our departure time be reasonable, say 8am or so?

For a sure thing, haul off your own bags. There is nothing between the ship and outside, no inspections, questions etc, just walk off the ship.

Dragging your own okay with Princess? Cool. Means they do not have to go out the night before... but then again, have to get up and pack in the morning.

Went into Whittier last year on Carvival. There appeared to be a building that people could get bags or something. Did not see any on the pier as we went straight to the bus.

Archived