Speedos - Square Cut & Trunks - Oh My!

Mermen

Ok so has anyone tried Andrew Christian's Almost Naked products yet? They are borderline obscene... almost wishing I had bought one for the upcoming Allure trip ;-)

Here's the site, but the pics don't really do them justice... http://www.andrewchristianshop.com/Almost%20Naked-CID298.aspx

I am sure the boys on the Allure will not mind if you try this out! There is barely any fabric lol!

Ok so has anyone tried Andrew Christian's Almost Naked products yet? They are borderline obscene... almost wishing I had bought one for the upcoming Allure trip ;-)

Here's the site, but the pics don't really do them justice... http://www.andrewchristianshop.com/Almost%20Naked-CID298.aspx

You might get lucky and Andrew might be onboard, they usually have a vendor that takes over one of the boutiques on board.

Nice! I think it's time to go shopping...:)

The best solution is to wear board shorts to and from poolside, and when you head into the café from the pool, and wear something skimpy by the pool and in the water. How skimpy and what brand really depends on what God gave you and what you have been doing at the gym lately.:)

I'm sorry, but if someone is on vacation and has the confidence to wear a bikini or speedo and is overweight, more power to them! It gets a bit disgusting reading the anti-fat comments. If you're offended by how they look, DON'T LOOK AT THEM. No wonder gay men have such body issues - not everyone has to be a gym bunny, okay?

Also confused about the perspective from a straight woman on what gay men want to wear - you're not the target audience. :rolleyes:

Here is my thought. I am an American woman. I personally don't care if you wear your speedo. But I don't want to see a fat guy in a speedo. Just like most men don't want to see a fat girl in a bikini.

My other thought is, men a visual. They get turned on by a woman wearing next to nothing. Women are not that way. We are in no way visual. So seeing your PeePee does not turn us on. I'm not saying that is what you're trying to do. I'm just saying we are not visual. And sometimes the visual is not so pretty.

Wear it if you got it. If you feel the need to show how large or SMALL your package is, then by all means do it. :eek:

Frankly I don't care what you want or don't want to look at. Fat or skinny is really not your concern or business. It's none of my concern when a fat or skinny women wears a bikini. Please read, "I don't care." You don't want to look? Don't. I think most men here could care less...so, take that for what it's worth. ;) What would be nice is for the maturity level to rise. With juvenile comments like this, I feel like we're in junior high. My 21 and 20 year old children have more respect and are not as shallow.

I have a belly that I have been trying for 40 years to get rid of.... I dont like white thighs and brown legs.. so I wear my AussieBums round the pool and board shorts inside the ship... If people object they can write to me and I will read it when I get home (not) .. :D

I have seen some sights on the ships where large women wear such tiny bikinis they look naked as bits cover the material totally.... still, they are on holiday and if thats what they want to do, and the children arent scared... who cares?

In London the biggest "scene" is the bear scene.. so I guess I am a little lucky there... but I also love to see the fit bods in their budgie smugglers, and I have never met anyone wearing them, who doesn't like the attention, whatever their sexual preferences are...

Happy sailing one and all.... ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I've been wearing Speedos for swimming for over 45 years now, since I joined a swim team at age 10. I can't swim in anything else or I feel like I'm going to sink and drown. In my teens, "jams" came out, which were long, tight legged trunks down just above the knee. Post-Beach Boy tropical look. Too difficult to swim in, plus it was too easy to split the crotch with any activity. Give me back my speedos!

However, I am now of the age and shape that has me on the fence about wearing them for general sunning, beach, etc., i.e. out of the water activities. The wider waistband style is a little less provocative in a disapproving public space, but they push up the love handles that aren't apparent in a 1-inch band, which shocks the grannies. I have a couple of squarecuts for when I'm feeling a bit modest, but they also push up the handles, and also ride up unevenly on my thighs. What to do, what to do?

It's funny.... nobody give us any thought at a nude beach, but put on something skimpy (but legally covering!), and people get all upset.

So, for my next (warm) cruise, this early pensioner will continue wearing shorts over my speedo going to/from my deck chair, but not while I'm lying out for the sun and taking a dip. At my worst, I still look better than those Walmart shopper photos going around the internet.

And by the way, there is another, true Australian company featuring items that make Aussie Bum look über conservative. First syllable rhymes with Rock.:D .second is Sox. Really fun, but not for the faint of heart, and not for a straight cruise!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Indeed. What about sarongs?

Well I wear kilts all time which are light enougth to wear in hot weather. It also make a good coverup when im out in my Speedo or on shore to and from the beach. By the time I leave after swimming, my speedo is already dry unlike all the other guys wearing boring swim boudies that stay wet most of day. Im allot more comfortable.

I didn't realize this thread was still going; I haven't checked it in a couple months. We're doing a Princess pacific coast cruise in May, and I've been looking forward to an opportunity to wear speedos again. Winter in the Midwestern U.S. doesn't provide many chances for speedo wearing, LOL.

I had spinal surgery a few months ago and am glad to be back to working out...trying to buff up and trim the waist a little. Getting back into the routine is always the hardest part.

Catching up on the discussion here, I noticed brief comments about tan lines. I think we've all established that we like speedos. What are the views on tan lines? I love the look of a well-defined bikini tan line. However, I personally go with the all-over tan because it allows for wearing varying degrees of coverage in regards to swimwear. How do you guys feel about tan lines?

I love a tan line on me and on others... tho the odd afternoon letting the sun warm your bits and making the white bits less luminous is an improvement and a liberating horny thing to do.. if you can keep the sand out!!:eek:

When you dress whether it is swim wear , Formal night, or any other time; You are dressing for yourself and no one else . . . Wear what you want and what make you feel comfortable!

Scott

true .. but how comfortable will you be in speedos on formal night?? tho some do get a kick out it .. :D

Same here! Raised in Hawaii, and always thought speedos were hot n sexy if the guy was in the good range of body proportions. I've worn my speedo on RCCL, Princess, and Holland America. Never a problem, although the comments later at the bar were always supportive and complimentary!

• 3 weeks later...
When you dress whether it is swim wear , Formal night, or any other time; You are dressing for yourself and no one else . . . Wear what you want and what make you feel comfortable!

Scott

I wear my speedo on formal night under my kilt:D.. LOL.

Archived