Just Back From the Gem!!!

GSLMOM

We had a balcony on deck 10 midship which we feel is a great location. Two decks up to the buffet and three decks down to the promenade deck and theater... My last three cruises we stayed on deck 10 midship (either inside or balcony). My kids were in an inside cabin across the hall.

My thoughts exactly! We wanted an aft balcony but we booked too late for it,..so were port side Mid-Aft Balcony on 10. In fact the current plans call it a "BB" but before the recat back in April it was actually a "BA." Closer to the aft elevators but not too far from the mid ones either...DW & I are quite happy how it worked out...

:D

Bill(DrFootball)

( "I love it when a Plan comes together!" Col. John "Hannibal" Smith-U.S. Army 75th Ranger Regiment)

Rangers Lead the Way...All the Way!

Garden Cafe Hours:

Breakfast:

6:00 - 7:00 for early risers and then the reguar buffet from 7:00 - 11:00. We never went up from 6:00 to 7:00 so can't tell you what the difference is (probably just limited).

Lunch from 12:00 - 2:30

Dinner from 5:30 - 9:30

The Great Outdoors (aft, behind the Garden Cafe)

8:30 - 12:00, then 1:00 - 5:30, and then late night snacks from 9:30 - 11:30.

Thanks for the info....sounds like a great alternative to the Blue Lagoon at night!

I will. If you have ever read any of my reviews they are full, detailed, and probably more than you ever wanted to know, lol:D

Jimswims.....

I love your reviews....I still remember the one you did for Spirit out of Boston a few years ago.....

When I went on Spirit about a month later it was like de ja vu......

I literally felt like I had experienced the whole ship in the past......you should be writer.....

Now I'm lucky to be following you again because I'm taking my sister on her first cruise ever this November on the Gem.....

Anxiously awaiting your review!!!!!!!

Jimswims.....

I love your reviews....I still remember the one you did for Spirit out of Boston a few years ago.....

When I went on Spirit about a month later it was like de ja vu......

I literally felt like I had experienced the whole ship in the past......you should be writer.....

Now I'm lucky to be following you again because I'm taking my sister on her first cruise ever this November on the Gem.....

Anxiously awaiting your review!!!!!!!

Wow, You made my day, Thank you :)

I do remember that you were going on the Spirit soon after and I was hoping that you had a good time. We went on the Pearl last year to Alaska and it was another long review.

I am glad that you are going on the Gem. I will do my best.

Thanks again!

My thoughts exactly! We wanted an aft balcony but we booked too late for it,..so were port side Mid-Aft Balcony on 10. In fact the current plans call it a "BB" but before the recat back in April it was actually a "BA." Closer to the aft elevators but not too far from the mid ones either...DW & I are quite happy how it worked out...

:D

Bill(DrFootball)

( "I love it when a Plan comes together!" Col. John "Hannibal" Smith-U.S. Army 75th Ranger Regiment)

Rangers Lead the Way...All the Way!

Last year on the Jewel we had a port side mid ship balcony on deck 10 right by the elevators. It was such a great location. On the Gem we were halfway between the midship elevators and the forward elevators. At first I thought it was going to be a pain, but actually it worked out really well. But I absolutely love deck 10. I considered a mini-suite but was afraid to get one because the pool deck, buffet, and gym are above them....

Never crowded!!! Which is what we loved about it. I don't know why because it is such a great place to hang out.

As far as food, there was a salad bar, burgers and fries...., and some hot food. Desserts and ice cream.

Thanks for sharing so much info!

Was ice cream available all afternoon/evening? Hard or soft-serve? Self-serve?

What juices were available in the buffet at breakfast? Any pineapple or cranberry?

How was it to get off the ship day 1 in Bermuda?

Thanks for sharing so much info!

Was ice cream available all afternoon/evening? Hard or soft-serve? Self-serve?

What juices were available in the buffet at breakfast? Any pineapple or cranberry?

How was it to get off the ship day 1 in Bermuda?

Sorry - I was away for two days...no internet access....

There was self-serve soft ice cream and I'm not sure but I believe the machine in The Great Outdoors was available all day. They also had hard ice cream that they scooped for you which was in the buffet and only available during buffet hours.

Sorry, not sure about the juice - I don't drink it. My husband did have orange juice though.

Suprisingly, day 1 was soooo easy to walk off. No lines... we had an excursion booked and had to meet at 8:45 so we left the ship at 8:15 thinking there would be a line and we walked right off (and then stood there for a half hour!!!!)

Sorry - I was away for two days...no internet access....

There was self-serve soft ice cream and I'm not sure but I believe the machine in The Great Outdoors was available all day. They also had hard ice cream that they scooped for you which was in the buffet and only available during buffet hours.

Sorry, not sure about the juice - I don't drink it. My husband did have orange juice though.

Suprisingly, day 1 was soooo easy to walk off. No lines... we had an excursion booked and had to meet at 8:45 so we left the ship at 8:15 thinking there would be a line and we walked right off (and then stood there for a half hour!!!!)

Awesome! Thanks so much for the info; leaving tomorrow and super excited!

Awesome! Thanks so much for the info; leaving tomorrow and super excited!

Have a great time and make sure to go to your Meet & Greet and meet the staff. They are great -- especially Sinan, the cruise director and Cherry, Guest Services Coordinator, and Jenny, the assistant Hotel Director. The Captain and the Hotel Director were nice as well!

I wish I was going too!!!:(:(

Archived