From Monte Carlo to Beaulieu-sur-Mer

Dmgmd50

I have heard that Beaulieu-sur-Mer is a beauitful town that is relatively close to Monte Carlo and easy to reach by train. Has anyone been there and walked along the shore, past the beautiful homes, etc? I would like to get more information about the area.

Or are there any other towns that we could get to by train where it is easy to walk around?

I have not been to Beaulier-sur-Mer, but as for other towns you can get to from Monte Carlo you can take the bus to Nice. All you need to do is find a bus stop sign and wait for the bus. The bus runs between Nice and Monte Carlo in a loop. You could find out info from your hotel or the tourist office. The bus will stop along the route - lots of people ride it to and from work. Several little towns and when you arrive at Nice you will be in a big bus station. Once you exit the bus head towards the street and turn left and follow it. You will have the Sea on your left had side and the city on the right. Walk about 10 min and you will arrive at a huge pedestrian area full of shopping and food. Or walk down to the beach and there are several places to sit along the boardwalk (for lack of a better word) or you could rent a slice of beach and sit on some lounge chairs and think about those poor fools back home. Hope you enjoy your trip. We absolutely love, love this area. BTW the beach is rocks so if you plan on swimming make sure you have proper footwear with you.

Trains run frequently from the centrally situated train station in monte Carlo to beaulieu (take train in direction on nice or Cannes). Its quick and tickets are pre bookable on line. The train ride itself is also a beautiful coastal journey all the way to nice but beaulieu sur mer is stunning.

Google voyages sncf, it's the French rail website. Tgv is the quicker train, ten is the regional train service which stops more frequently.

Enjoy it!

Trains run frequently from the centrally situated train station in monte Carlo to beaulieu (take train in direction on nice or Cannes). Its quick and tickets are pre bookable on line. The train ride itself is also a beautiful coastal journey all the way to nice but beaulieu sur mer is stunning.

Google voyages sncf, it's the French rail website. Tgv is the quicker train, ten is the regional train service which stops more frequently.

Enjoy it!

Thanks. Found the website and see that the trains run very frequently. I assume we could buy tickets at the station in Monte Carlo as well? We are going in October so I don't think it is the height of the season and that seats should be available.

You might also check the bus route which goes along the bas Corniche towards Nice. I think it's the no. 100 bus which will leave you off along the sea front. Beaulieu is just past Ville Franche. You might enjoy visiting the Villa Kerylos in Beaulieu. You can google it.

You might also check the bus route which goes along the bas Corniche towards Nice. I think it's the no. 100 bus which will leave you off along the sea front. Beaulieu is just past Ville Franche. You might enjoy visiting the Villa Kerylos in Beaulieu. You can google it.

Does the no 100 bus from Monte Carlo actually stop in Beaulieu-Sur-Mer? When we get to Beaulieu, we hope to walk along the water on the Promenade Maurice Rouvier towards Cap Ferrat. Also we would like to visit the Villa Ephrussi. From the map, it looks like it should be in walking distance.

You might also check the bus route which goes along the bas Corniche towards Nice. I think it's the no.

Is the bus ride on the bas Corniche from Monte Carlo to Beaulieu a scarey drive with lots of hairpin curves. (My wife refuses to go on the Amalfi Drive again because she was so terrified!)

Yes, the #100 bus makes several stops in Beaulieu, i.e. the church, the beach, etc. You can get an idea of the stops by checking www.lignesdazur.com You can change the language to English and it's pretty easy to use.

You can connect to a bus #81 with stops in Cap Ferrat, including at the tourist office. You might try to contact the tourist office to clarify distances,etc. I drove to the Villa Ephrussi so I'm not sure of the walking distance.

The road along the bas Corniche is not a winding road, not like the Amalfi Coast. It's not an absolutely straight road, but having been on both the Amalfi Coast road and on the full route of the #100 from Nice to Menton, I'd say the Riviera road is not scary at all.

SAINT JEAN CAP FERRAT TOURIST OFFICE

SAINT JEAN CAP FERRAT TOURIST INFORMATION

59 Avenue Denis Senaria

Tel : +33 (0)4 93 76 08 90

ot.saintjeancapferrat@tiscali.fr

It's before Villefranche if you are coming from Monaco

Yes, you're right. Beaulieu is closer to Monaco. I looked on the website of the Villa Kerylos and they have a link to the Villa Ephrussi. They say it's a 25 minute walk away but I always think that depends on how fast a walker you are and whether you are willing to walk another 25 minutes back to get the #100 bus. There was no mention of a bus connection but I think it would be worth contacting the tourist board. The gardens at the Villa Ephrussi are absolutely beautiful.

• 4 weeks later...
Yes, you're right. Beaulieu is closer to Monaco. I looked on the website of the Villa Kerylos and they have a link to the Villa Ephrussi. They say it's a 25 minute walk away but I always think that depends on how fast a walker you are and whether you are willing to walk another 25 minutes back to get the #100 bus. There was no mention of a bus connection but I think it would be worth contacting the tourist board. The gardens at the Villa Ephrussi are absolutely beautiful.

Good information. Thanks.

Of course, you could always look at the option to rent luxury cars in monaco and really give yourself a taste of the good life. Rather than waiting for buses and worrying about negotiating public transport, you could explore the surrounding towns in comfort and style. Most companies will allow you to rent high end cars for a short period of time, so you wouldn't necessarily be charged for a full day.

Is the bus ride on the bas Corniche from Monte Carlo to Beaulieu a scarey drive with lots of hairpin curves. (My wife refuses to go on the Amalfi Drive again because she was so terrified!)

The train route also follows the coast if in doubt. Obviously not quite as scenic but some real points if beauty are clearly visible.

My only personal reservation about driving or taking the bus is that the Coastal road is very prone to heavy traffic and may restrict the time you have to explore. We holiday down the coast a bit (usually May) but hardly use our car at all once we arrive. But October should be quieter so maybe ok.

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.386920,1.436834

i live in nice not sure what would make beaulieu a key place to visit for someone that has a short time to spend on the riviera...

villefranche/eze/nice/cap ferret would all be better places in my book...

the walk along the seafront from beaulieu to cap ferret to villefranche is nice... the walk is rich history ... there is house that charlie chaplian and david niven used to own the link is a google map one....

also the famous rolling stone gate which was used in the film dirty rotten scoundrels...linked here

We will be staying in Monte Carlo for one night post cruise. Is it too far to do both Eze and St Paul de Vence in one day with a private tour?We don't want to rush and would like to have time to enjoy the atmosphere. We will have half a day in Monte Carlo when we arrive by bus from the riverboat.

Perhaps Capt Ferrat or the Rothchild mansion would be better choices with Eze?

Hi Annie, It will be rushed of you try to go eze and st paul de vence... eze and cap ferrat would be good and also visit Villefranche old town... if you can walk the coastal path between Cap Ferrat and Villefranche, it is a 2 hour walk. Also you could have lunch in Eze.

this is a nice place to eat http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g187222-d1016768-Reviews-Chateau_Eza-Eze_French_Riviera_Cote_d_Azur_Provence.html

We will be staying in Monte Carlo for one night post cruise. Is it too far to do both Eze and St Paul de Vence in one day with a private tour?We don't want to rush and would like to have time to enjoy the atmosphere. We will have half a day in Monte Carlo when we arrive by bus from the riverboat.

Perhaps Capt Ferrat or the Rothchild mansion would be better choices with Eze?

doing it with a Private Tour as you mentioned would be fine IMH. If you were having to bus it, I'd say it would be too much.

Hello again and thanks for the advice. I don't want to be rushed at all on the riviera. So, what do you think about Eze, Roquebrune-Cap-Martin and Menton as a relaxing itinerary?I know they are in opposite directions. Are those last 2 places worth the time or is Cap Ferrat the better choice? So many choices!!Thanks again!

Archived