do I have to take a drinks package

memoie

I am wondering if I have to take one of the drinks packages offered by the cruise lines (sailing MSC Opera in the Med). My husband doesn't drink alcohol so we will get a Soda card for him but I like the occasional glass of wine - can I buy just a glass of wine at dinnertime in the dining room? All of the wine packages that are on offer have several bottles of wine included and I know that I certainly won't drink 'several bottles"by myself over the course of the cruise. Thanks for your feedback.

Drinks packages are usually only a bargain if you drink a lot. If you only drink occasionally, don't do it. You might need to book a water package, though, as I believe MSC is one of the lines that do not serve you free drinks with dinner, including ice water. But you might want to post this on the MSC board where the experts for this line reside. EM

I've never cruised on MSC, but I do know that on Princess you can get a bottle of wine and they will store it between meals.

I can't drink wine due to allergies, but DH likes a glass of wine with a good meal, so that's what he does. He'll buy a bottle in the MDR and drink it over several nights - if we go to one of the specialty restaurants, they will go and get the bottle for him.

As suggested by Essiesmom, I'd say go over to the MSC board and see what advice you can get there.

Happy cruising!

Archived