Ships Shuttle in Venice

scotslizzy

Read earlier reports about thr ships shuttle being very disorganised . Is this still the case ? We hve some on board credit and intended to use this for the cost but not at the expense of hanging around waiting on the shuttle to tske us to St Marks.

How does the public shuttle which I assume will leave from the port area compare with the ships one?

Any comments welcome.

Thanks

Scotslizzy

Last October on Eclipse we did not have any problems with the ships shuttle. Walked round to the embarkation point and were on the shuttle immediately. We had to queue for a few minutes for the return shuttle near St Marks later in the day.

Richard

Read earlier reports about thr ships shuttle being very disorganised . Is this still the case ? We hve some on board credit and intended to use this for the cost but not at the expense of hanging around waiting on the shuttle to tske us to St Marks.

How does the public shuttle which I assume will leave from the port area compare with the ships one?

Any comments welcome.

Thanks

Scotslizzy

I found it efficient on Solstice in June. Dropped us off a couple of bridges down from St Marks and we waited a couple of minutes for a dock space to free up. The Venice waterway is like the M25! I will say that we were the only ship there on both days and at a convenient berth. The previous cruise had more ships and not such a good spot and the feedback I read was that it was a bit hectic. Might be worth checking for when you are there:

http://www.vtp.it/calendario/

Phil

Thanks for the link Phil - just discovered there will be three other ships in when we are - 2 Costas and a very old friend, the Zenith!

Do you recall how much the cost was for the shuttle, like OP we may have OBC left and I have done my own pricing on the people mover/city water bus. It is the day of the Venice Regatta when we are in, so it may actually be less crowded to use the ships shuttle.

Is it Celebrity's own shuttle or will we be sharing the transport with the others?

We are in Berth 110 whatever that means!

Hi Ann. It was a private company shuttle that we took. Good size boat and we sat outside at the aft for some great Venice views. We did the two day $36 unlimited pass as we overnighted, but I think you are in for a day. The one day was $22. Not sure if that will be the same for you. We were docked at 18. 110 is next door on the other side. Not sure if you have to walk a little further. Here's a map. The shuttle left from in front of the ship at dock 18 on the right hand side where it says "Cassa Cashier".

crociere.gif

Zenith was there when we were there and she looks well maintained with a few balconies.

2927799090054958397S600x600Q85.jpg

Phil

Brilliant Phil thanks, if its $22 I think we will certainly go down that route, there is now a people mover (1 Eur each way) that takes you to Piazzale Roma for the other water buses, but to get to St Marks Square return will be Euro 15 in total including the mover so there is really not a lot in (in fact 5p at todays exchange rate against the ships shuttle), of course as we are in for a day it may not be $22

Your map was really helpful thanks, we will not be going in with the first rush of people anyway as we are just wandering down to see the boats for the Regatta then coming back

Archived