My “Thanks” to the Cruise Critic Princess Cruises board

TiCKed

Well, the Wife and I are flying off to Anchorage on Friday, on our first Princess Cruise, (and only my second cruise ever).

Before I get caught up in the hectic activities of final day packing, I just wanted to thank everyone who directly, or indirectly, provided information, tips, ideas, and humor as I tried to get a grip on what I should expect and be prepared for. In many ways, going on a cruise is like visiting a new country and culture. So knowing what to expect was very important to me, and to others I’m sure.

In particular, I want to thank the very experienced cruisers who essentially volunteer their own time to answer the often repetitive questions from us newbies. Lord knows they don’t HAVE to spend their time here, and even *I* got tired of seeing the same questions over and over... and I’ve only been here a couple of months! Yet the queries always get answered, and usually with grace and insight.

Hopefully, I’ll be able to pay a little back upon our return. I always enjoyed reading the cruise reviews....and in particular the ones for the ship and/or itinerary we will be taking. So, expect a “newbies view” of our Coral Princess, Whittier to Vancouver, cruise by the end of the month.

As still active members of the “working class”, we don’t get to go on vacation nearly as often as we’d like. So I appreciate the help and guidance that I’m sure will help us enjoy, and remember, this vacation for many years.

Tom (and Karen)

Bon voyage on a great ship & itinerary! Hope you enjoy College Fjord as much as we did which is something missed by those on Inside Passage cruises...the views & sounds of the calving glacier were amazing & the highlight of our Alaskan cruise!!!

What a very nice thing to post!!! I hope you have a wonderful time. I have been to Alaska a few times and have never been disappointed. It is amazing! Good luck on lots of wildlife sightings.

Have a GREAT cruise! Relax and enjoy it; I hope it's so fantastic you're hooked and can't wait for your next cruise, even though it might be two years away. And, don't forget to get FCCs, which are a win/win if you think you'll cruise some time in the next four years.

Well, the Wife and I are flying off to Anchorage on Friday, on our first Princess Cruise, (and only my second cruise ever).

Before I get caught up in the hectic activities of final day packing, I just wanted to thank everyone who directly, or indirectly, provided information, tips, ideas, and humor as I tried to get a grip on what I should expect and be prepared for. In many ways, going on a cruise is like visiting a new country and culture. So knowing what to expect was very important to me, and to others I’m sure.

In particular, I want to thank the very experienced cruisers who essentially volunteer their own time to answer the often repetitive questions from us newbies. Lord knows they don’t HAVE to spend their time here, and even *I* got tired of seeing the same questions over and over... and I’ve only been here a couple of months! Yet the queries always get answered, and usually with grace and insight.

Hopefully, I’ll be able to pay a little back upon our return. I always enjoyed reading the cruise reviews....and in particular the ones for the ship and/or itinerary we will be taking. So, expect a “newbies view” of our Coral Princess, Whittier to Vancouver, cruise by the end of the month.

As still active members of the “working class”, we don’t get to go on vacation nearly as often as we’d like. So I appreciate the help and guidance that I’m sure will help us enjoy, and remember, this vacation for many years.

Tom (and Karen)

You will love the Coral - she is a beautiful ship. And Alaska is breathtaking. Have a wonderful cruise and smooth sailing to you.:) Prepare to be hooked and don't forget to purchase future cruise credits. ;)

Archived