Newbie Question- MDR on the Fascination?

atlanta_living

Ok I am a total newbie and going on my 1st Carnival cruise in Dec. on the Fascination. I have signed up for Early Dining at 6pm, but am confused about which dining room to show up in. I see on the deck plans that there seem to be 2 main dining rooms, the Sensation & the Imagination. Does it matter which one I go to? Will I be assigned to one or should I just choose one? :confused:

Since I will be traveling Solo I plan to ask if I can be seated at large table with the same folks each night. Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks in advance for the advice!

~Helen~

Congratulations on your first cruise! When you check in, you will get your Sign and Sail card. Listed on the card will be your confirmed dining time, which dining room and which table #. You can then go to the dining room and check out the table. If it is not a a large table, you may ask the Matre' D to change you to a large table. Normally, single travelers are seated with other single travelers. Have a wonderful trip!

Ok I am a total newbie and going on my 1st Carnival cruise in Dec. on the Fascination. I have signed up for Early Dining at 6pm, but am confused about which dining room to show up in. I see on the deck plans that there seem to be 2 main dining rooms, the Sensation & the Imagination. Does it matter which one I go to? Will I be assigned to one or should I just choose one? :confused:

Since I will be traveling Solo I plan to ask if I can be seated at large table with the same folks each night. Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks in advance for the advice!

~Helen~

Hi, Helen.

During check in you'll be issued a 'Sail and Sign' card. It's your room key, it is what you use for all of your purchases on board and on it will be printed your dining assignment time, dining room and table number.

So, it's really very easy. At 6 PM you make your way to the dining room on your card and enjoy a delicious meal!!

:)

I appreciate the quick replies and wanted to clarify that I actually went on my very 1st cruise back in June with my husband on the Golden Princess, so this will be my 2nd cruise but 1st on Carnival.

On our Princess cruise we selected Anytime Dining, but ate most of our meals in the buffet, at the pizzeria or the hamburger grill. I had to twist his arm to get my husband to dress for the 2 formal nights and he was not interested in eating in the MDR any other times.

However, since I have decided to go solo on the Fascination I want to experience the TOTAL PACKAGE! I want to dress up and eat in the main dining room every night but just not sure about some of the details. And by the way, I had read so many favorable posts on CC about Porthole Staterooms that I booked myself R12 and think I got an excellent deal on it. I am so excited about my upcoming cruise!!

Thanks so much for helping a newbie out! :D

Although you are free to dress up for dinner every night in MDR, it's only required on elegant night. Don't know what the rules for dress in MDR on your other cruise was but Carnival's is fairly casual. I go in jeans and a nice shirt on the casual nights. If your husband doesn't like to get dressed up he might like cruising on Carnival better. You can check Carnival's website FAQ section for a lot of good info.

Also, be sure to do a search for Fascination on this forum and read some of the recent reviews (mine being one of them). Loved the ship and the cruise.

Archived