Sting Rays w/young kids...BTDT advice?

MentalVacation

We REALLY want to go back to sting ray city. It was one of my favorite places on our first cruise together back in 2003. We have two kids who will be 2 1/2 and 5 1/2 when we sail.

I think the 5 yo will be all over it and the 2 yo will be clinging to mom and dad but willing to get in the water.

Any BTDT advice? I don't recall needing/wearing a life jacket last time. I assume that would be an option for the kids if we wanted.

What are some other things you have done in GC with kids that were big hits.

We are looking at one of the Native Way tours or private charters (as we will probably have 8 people in our group), which is almost the cost of a private charter anyway! Other ideas?

I've been to Stingray City many times and I've never worn a vest because I'm taller than the water there. With kids though I would think they would require vests. I've seen a lot of kids there and they have all worn vests. Why not just to be safe. Whenever I go there I use a tour company called Capt. Marvin. They have an office right across from the pier where you will go ashore. You can reserve online with them and they do a great job. No, I do not work for them. LOL. That is one of my favorite places to visit and I'm going there in 3 months.

We've done this with our DD when she was 3. If you get one of the guys on the boat to hold a stingray up so your little one can see underneath. They look like they are smiling. They told my little girl -"If we hold one up and it smiles at you - that means they want to be your friend. If they spit water at you - that means they are really friendly." She still remembers the friendly stingrays smiling at her. I'd recommend Capt. Marvin. They do a great job.

Archived