Maternity Formal dress???

I would look for a non-maturnity dress with an empire waist. With both of my kids at that time in pregnancy, I was still wearing regular clothes that had just a little more room. Like fuller tops, elastic waist pants.

Maturnity clothes are $$$, I remember buying "work" clothes(ie stuff to wear to the office) and :eek: at the price. I can't imagine what a "formal" would cost.

Perhaps you have a local resale store that carries maturnity wear?

So it looks like I will be 18 weeks pregnant on our October cruise. Anybody have any suggestions for a maternity formal dress? I would hate to spend a lot of money on a specialty formal dress that will only get worn once! :)

Hi 2cruiserB4kids

Last year I ordered a lot of gowns and dresses for our 2011 world cruise. We did not go due to my accident. Anyway, one of the dresses I ordered was for maternity. I did not know until it came and it was too late to return it. I am going to look for it and then take a picture for you.

Marie

Marie, that is so sweet of you! That dress is beautiful! I love the bead work! Unfortunately I am blonde with fair skin and that particular color is not very flattering on me :( Thank you so much for offering it though!

I did a little research online today and found this dress from Target for $40... it's a Merona one-should chiffon dress. They sell it as a maternity dress and regular sizes. I bought 4 different sizes to try on :) since I can return the ones I don't want to my Target store.

I will just have to dress it up with some fancy jewelry!

http://www.target.com/Merona-Maternity-One-Shoulder-Rosette-Chiffon/dp/B0054LUBU4/ref=br_1_1?ie=UTF8&id=Merona%20Maternity%20One-Shoulder%20Rosette%20Chiffon&node=1293427011&searchSize=30&searchView=grid3&searchPage=1&sr=1-1&qid=1312505274&rh=style_name%3AParty%20Dress&searchBinNameList=style_name%2Csleeve_type%2Ccollar_style-bin%2Clifestyle-bin%2Ctarget_com_size-bin%2Ctarget_com_primary_color-bin%2Cprice%2Ctarget_com_brand-bin&searchRank=salesrank&frombrowse=1

Archived