Aft Cabin on Triumph - Lounger?

MouseGal

After a very quick decision yesterday, I booked a cruise in December on the Triumph, and I was able to get an aft cabin (6434), with the extended balcony. After quite a bit of research last night , all the pictures I found online showed only regular chairs on the balcony, not loungers.

If I want to be sure there is at least one lounge chair on the balcony, who do I contact? Do I do that before the cruise? Talk to my steward? Will the lounger already be there?

After a very quick decision yesterday, I booked a cruise in December on the Triumph, and I was able to get an aft cabin (6434), with the extended balcony. After quite a bit of research last night , all the pictures I found online showed only regular chairs on the balcony, not loungers.

If I want to be sure there is at least one lounge chair on the balcony, who do I contact? Do I do that before the cruise? Talk to my steward? Will the lounger already be there?

We had that exact cabin 2 yrs ago this December and there was no lounger.. we didn't ask for one either.. but maybe someone has since...

Beware of the noise.. you are above the lounge and you will hear bass thumps until atleast 11 or midnite.. also when coming into port or rough seas the whole cabin shook.. leave the closet doors open enough so they dont bounce open and closed.. also the ceiling creaked.. I dunno.. that was the worst cabin we have had for noise ever...:eek:

Otherwise the balcony was great as always...;)

We will have that cabin on our upcoming cruise, September 17th. I will take pictures of the balcony and post them on cruise line rooms dot com.

We had the same cabin location on Conquest last November and we absolutely loved the room and balcony. The cabin number on the Conquest was 6452. You can go to cruise line rooms dot com and click on that cabin number and see the pictures I posted there of the room and balcony.

AFt extended balconies should have loungers already. If not then ask your cabin steward (with tip in hand if you want it for sure).

You should have loungers.

the regular balconies are only 3.5 feet deep so no loungers.

So if there is no lounger, the steward can trade the chairs for one? That's what we would want...awesome! And yes, I would tip well for that!:D

Beware of the noise.. you are above the lounge and you will hear bass thumps until atleast 11 or midnite.. also when coming into port or rough seas the whole cabin shook.. leave the closet doors open enough so they dont bounce open and closed.. also the ceiling creaked.. I dunno.. that was the worst cabin we have had for noise ever...:eek:

Well, we will probably be out fairly late ourselves, and I'm a night person, so the lounge noise won't bother me. Were you sleeping coming into port? Seems like that might be a bit scary, but if we're aware of it ahead of time, it won't bother us...

So if there is no lounger, the steward can trade the chairs for one? That's what we would want...awesome! And yes, I would tip well for that!:D

Well, we will probably be out fairly late ourselves, and I'm a night person, so the lounge noise won't bother me. Were you sleeping coming into port? Seems like that might be a bit scary, but if we're aware of it ahead of time, it won't bother us...

I have heard mixed reviews on whether they will bring the lounger or not.. never hurts to ask tho...

Usually not sleeping.. but if you encounter rough seas at all be for warned.. it is like a battlefield in there... no kidding never have we experienced that much noise in an aft wrap cabin before and we have been in 7 of them.. maybe they have fixed it up now.. since this was Dec 2009.. enjoy that balcony tho:D

We just returned today from the Triumph Veranda deck 8435 aft balcony. We had a chair and a reclining chair and a little table. The balcony was larger than the other aft balconies (other than the corner ones). However, it was fine if you were standing at the rail, but when sitting in the chairs it was just HOT. No breeze. We never sat on the balcony.

We just returned today from the Triumph Veranda deck 8435 aft balcony. We had a chair and a reclining chair and a little table. The balcony was larger than the other aft balconies (other than the corner ones). However, it was fine if you were standing at the rail, but when sitting in the chairs it was just HOT. No breeze. We never sat on the balcony.

Well, 6434 is an aft wrap, so it should get a little breeze on the sides, and we're cruising in December. I'm not sure, but I'm thinking the heat won't be a huge problem until we are pretty far south...

We were on the Triumph in an Aft Balancy in February and had one lounger, 2 chairs and a table. You should be fine.

I love pushing the lounger up under the balcony wall and stretching out. Peacefull!

We're leaving Thursday on her again (regular balcony this time)

Happy Sailing...

We had that cabin last week and there were three regular chairs and three lounge chairs. I'm going to try to figure out how to upload pictures from my phone...

We had that exact cabin 2 yrs ago this December and there was no lounger.. we didn't ask for one either.. but maybe someone has since...

Otherwise the balcony was great as always...;)

We did hear nightclub noise but happy noise never bothers us. I noticed some noise from the closet but it turned out it was the wooden hangers clacking together, and putting something on at least every other one solved the problem. The cabin didn't shake for us but we had smooth seas. We loved the cabin and could choose it again anytime. It was quite large, and when we moved the beds over a foot towards the balcony door, we had even more space.

Archived