Disembarkment-Jewel

hoff624

I'm going on the Jewel as well and from what I understand you can get off the ship as early as between 9 and 10. They start boarding the next group of passengers around noon-ish so you will definitely be off by 11 at the latest, I would say.

@hoff624 -

Here are the times when we walked of our ships, using self-debarkation. That means taking ALL our stuff along, not setting out any suitcases the night before.

Jewel in 2005 walked off at 10:38 from transatlantic repo

Dawn in 2006 walked of at 10:14 from Bahamas / Bermuda

Gem in 2008 walked off at 08:20 from transatlantic repo

Gem in 2009 walked off at 08:35 from transatlantic repo

Hope this helps.

Just did the Jewel last March. Did self assist. We, along with 50 others ,were waiting at the door as we pulled into the dock. After they set the ropes and immigration came on board we were off the ship by 8:35am. I think I was the first person to step off. SAD!! but glad to off so early to catch our ride home.

We only do self assist, have never done it any other way.

If you have heavy luggage go to the desk and tell them you have an early flight, hopefully they will give you an early tag for your luggage to be taken off by them. Then get off with self assist and wait for your luggage to come out. Not completely honest but it did work once.

We just got off the Jewel a few weeks ago. Self assist gets off first. If you are not doing self assist, the earliest they will call you off the ship will be 10:30. That's when we got off.

Unless the ship was late arriving or there was a problem with CBP in clearing the ship or passengers or some other unusual circumstance, 10:30 would normally be the latest (and it's usually even earlier than that) that passengers could disembark...not the earliest.

I sail from NY all the time and have never seen disembarkation start that late if there wasn't some type of problem.

Just did the Jewel last March. Did self assist. We, along with 50 others ,were waiting at the door as we pulled into the dock. After they set the ropes and immigration came on board we were off the ship by 8:35am. I think I was the first person to step off. SAD!! but glad to off so early to catch our ride home.

We only do self assist, have never done it any other way.

If you have heavy luggage go to the desk and tell them you have an early flight, hopefully they will give you an early tag for your luggage to be taken off by them. Then get off with self assist and wait for your luggage to come out. Not completely honest but it did work once.

Not a good idea. I've seen where the self-assist passengers on cruises are routed to bypass the luggage area and go out another exit. And the security people don't want anyone standing around.

Archived