Help..Cruising in early February from FLL <> How is it.. Need help deciding..

pinkaboo

We're thinking about cruising in Feb. 2012, going to Cozumel & Belize or Falmouth & Labadee. How's the water temp usually in early February?

We've cruised in all seasons except winter. Any good advice?

Does the water temperature tend to be warmer on the Cozumel side or the Falmouth side?

Need to make a decision really soon.. Any advice or please share your experiences while cruising in very early February.

We cruised a 4 nighter out of Miami on Celebrity that left Feb 10. It as 72 degrees in Miami that day and WAY hotter than that (humidity) - awesome day at the pool after we boarded.

We had a little tropical "thing" going on and Key West was MUGGY and hot, but completely overcast. We then went to Cozumel where it poured almost the whole day (but still warm). We did some shopping and got soaking wet and were still fine in shorts walking around.

So the air/port temps are generally still warm and I expect the water is the same. We've also cruised over New Year's and only Nassau felt a little cool then. Once you get farther south than that (where all of your ports are located) you should be fine!

Hi Pinkaboo. We too had the same decision to make.....Liberty to Belize/Cozumel or Liberty to Falmouth/Labadee. We went with Belize/Cozumel on Feb. 4. We usually cruise in Feb. (anniversary) for the past 10 years. Always pleasant weather. Once we hit a cold spell in Cozumel years ago.... but it was record lows everywhere. Should be great weather in either place.

BTW, we chose Belize/Cozumel because we got the room we wanted and wasn't too thrilled about going to Falmouth, just my opinion (newer port). Also thought the river tube excursion sounded great in Belize. Already seen the ruins in Tulum (Cozumel) so we'll do a beach day there. Good luck!

We've been cruising mid to late January and its been really nice in the Caribbean, hot, humid and the occasional shower. In 2010 we were in the Western Caribbean (including Cozumel and Roatan) and the water was very nice. This year we were in the Eastern Caribbean and the water was a little cooler, I don't know if that was due to the difference in location or time.

Next year its the Southern Caribbean.:cool:

We're from Colorado, so anytime we're in the Caribbean, I think the air and water temps are terrific!

Seriously though, bring a light sweater or jacket. Not for the outside, but the air conditioned dining rooms, and shows. They can get chilly.

IMO, February is the best time of year to do a Caribbean cruise! Temps can be in the high 80's - low 90's, but not so much humidity (which is the real killer!) The water temp is great!~! In Dec. 2001, I went on a 7-night Western on HAL from Port Canaveral. We left a few days before Christmas, and it was freezing on deck during Sailaway! Everyone went back inside, as we were the last ship to leave from Port Canaveral. People were wrapping bathroom and pool towels around themselves...like me! Turns out it was one of the coldest winters in the Orlando area ever! Well, our first port the next morning was Key West, and is was...hot!! Half Moon Cay (best private island ever!), Cozumel, and Grand Cayman...perfect weather! When we got back, I spent two days in Orlando, and it was still very cold. All I had were one pair of jeans and three light-weight sweaters, when I went to Disney's Animal Kingdom. Rode on the Kali River Rapids. B-i-i-g mistake! All the poncho-protected riders were snickering right before the ride. Little did I know! Spent two hours in a restroom using the hot air hand-drier.

Oh, and thanks so much to the "wonderful" Pt. Canaveral dock worker who stole my US Flag luggage tag! This was just months after 9/11, and I had to look long and hard to get one! :mad:

Anyway, you'll have a great cruise with great weather! Enjoy!

Thanks eveyrone, I think we're going to do Belize and Cozumel. We really like Cozumel and always have a great time there. Hopefully we'll have a good beach day in Cozumel and like jabo73, we've also already done the ruins in Belize so not really sure what we're going to do in Belize.

Has anyone done a real city off the beaten path tour of Belize? We've been to Belize twice and both times we did excursions that were great. So this time we may just try to fine a private driver to show us around. Any suggestions on private tour guides or private individual drivers? Any suggestions for Belize other than ship's excursions?

Archived