Luggage

gred1994

Do you check your luggage like you would on an airplane so you don't walk around with big suitcases until your room is ready? Do they take it from you at check in and have it in your room for you? I was going to bring a pool bag and a bag for my sodas to cary around and that is it. This is my first cruise. I have 3 kids and a hubby so we don't want to drag around a HUGE suitcase for 2 hours!

TIA!;)

Do you check your luggage like you would on an airplane so you don't walk around with big suitcases until your room is ready? Do they take it from you at check in and have it in your room for you? I was going to bring a pool bag and a bag for my sodas to cary around and that is it. This is my first cruise. I have 3 kids and a hubby so we don't want to drag around a HUGE suitcase for 2 hours!

TIA!;)

The porters will relieve you of the luggage you want to check outside of the cruise terminal. The traditional tip is a buck or two per bag. These folks are NOT Carnival employees. They're employed by the port that you'll be sailing from.

As was mentioned above, ensure that your luggage tags are affixed to the bags to identify them. Most folks laminate them somehow... clear packaging tape, self adhesive laminating pouches, etc and attach them to the suitcase handle with plastic zip ties.

The bags will show up in front of your cabin door sometime around mid afternoon.

Have a wonderful cruise!

:)

I usually get to the pier around 10:30 and am on the ship by 11:30, don't believe Carnival about not being able to board until after 12:30.

Once you give your large bags to the porter and go into the terminal building you will have to go through airport type security screening again.

I make sure I have the following in my purse or carry on.

Funpass for everyone in my group.

Passport or Original Birth Certificate for everyone (don't put it in your CHECKED bag)

Cash

Camera

Meds

Complete change of cloths

Sometimes your checked luggage won't get to the cabin until mid evening and while the dining room allows more casual dress on embarkation day, I still like to have a pair of slacks to put on.

Archived