What Next?

nanaK

We sail in 5 days. I called my DS to go over his packing list. He just realized his driver's lic. expired last month. He is the only one in our group doing the DL/BC. I called Carnival and they arren't sure if he gets it renewed on Monday, a paper current along with an expired photo DL will be allowed. Anybody else ever have this happen?

We sail in 5 days. I called my DS to go over his packing list. He just realized his driver's lic. expired last month. He is the only one in our group doing the DL/BC. I called Carnival and they arren't sure if he gets it renewed on Monday, a paper current along with an expired photo DL will be allowed. Anybody else ever have this happen?

Ive used the temp printout from the DMV to fly, I would imagine it would be the same for a cruise. Of course, I brought my passport as a back up doc since it had my photo on it...but wasnt asked for it.

Ive used the temp printout from the DMV to fly, I would imagine it would be the same for a cruise. Of course, I brought my passport as a back up doc since it had my photo on it...but wasnt asked for it.

Why wouldn't you just use the passport?

if he gets it renewed on Monday why wouldn't he be good to go? B/C if you cruise in 5 days then that should leave time right? I am sure it will work out!

Most states have the new enhanced licenses which are made at only one state location and mailed within 2 weeks.

Last year someone at my work noticed the same thing, 2 days before flying. They let him keep his license but the used a hole punch type thing to cut out VOID in the top.

A couple of years ago my mother was traveling to see my sister in Omaha. The night before she left we noticed her license was expired. I told my mom to practice her best surprised look she could muster when they asked about her expired DL! It worked. coming home they never even asked!

Most states have the new enhanced licenses which are made at only one state location and mailed within 2 weeks.

Last year someone at my work noticed the same thing, 2 days before flying. They let him keep his license but the used a hole punch type thing to cut out VOID in the top.

I have an "enhanced" license. Florida was the first state to do this. And I had my new license made right then and there and given to me. But it doesn't surprise me at all that California does it differently.

I have an "enhanced" license. Florida was the first state to do this. And I had my new license made right then and there and given to me. But it doesn't surprise me at all that California does it differently.

I got the enhance lic when I changed my name and I I got to keep my old CADL but they put a hole punch though it. It took weeks to get the new one by mail.

Indiana does the paper print out as well, but it has a photo on it, and as it's issues by the state its considered a valid form of identification. I have a friend that was originally from Kentucky, and somehow managed to keep renewing his kt dl through the mail, and it never had a photo, just the words "valid without photo" in the picture box! I'd hate to chance getting on a plane/boat with that these days though!

I was confused about this thread because we do get our new license immediately here in Florida, I just thought every other state did it the same way.

Archived