Almeria - on your own?

Wayfairers

I have a few questions about Almeria - we are there 7a-5p in mid-November. I am having a difficult time finding information on this port and would appreciate input from anyone who has visited.

Can we walk to old town from the ship? How far is it?

Thinking about taking the Alermia Highlights excursion with HAL to get the information about Old Town - it is a walking tour. Wondering if there are english speaking guides available in Old Town as an alternative to the cruise ship tour?

Even if we take the HAL tour we will have a half day free in the port. Any suggestions on things to see/do?

• 1 month later...
Never got an answer. After further review we decided to book with the ship - HAL Granada & the Alhambra. Since the drive to Granada is not short we decided that would be the best option - would hate to miss the ship.

I've had the same problem re Almeria Wayfairer - information about the town from the Internet isn't quite the same as getting first hand information from fellow travellers who have been and can give you the ups and downs of a port as well as tips on excursions/public transport/Diy ideas too.

Our friends have elected to do a Alhambra excursion from Almeria (like you deciding to go with the ship because of the distance and convenience). We have done that trip before so won't go again - but I can thoroughly recommend it. It really is one of the places you should take advantage of seeing whilst in the area.

We go at a similar time to you so I won't be back in time for me to give you our perceptions of Almeria but in any case you have made a decision now. Do enjoy your cruise - and let's hope we have some great Autumn sunshine! :)

I've had the same problem re Almeria Wayfairer - information about the town from the Internet isn't quite the same as getting first hand information from fellow travellers who have been and can give you the ups and downs of a port as well as tips on excursions/public transport/Diy ideas too.

Our friends have elected to do a Alhambra excursion from Almeria (like you deciding to go with the ship because of the distance and convenience). We have done that trip before so won't go again - but I can thoroughly recommend it. It really is one of the places you should take advantage of seeing whilst in the area.

We go at a similar time to you so I won't be back in time for me to give you our perceptions of Almeria but in any case you have made a decision now. Do enjoy your cruise - and let's hope we have some great Autumn sunshine! :)

Thanks for the comments! Happy to hear you recommend the trip to Alhambra.

Archived