Oosterdam - never sailed her but I'm going to...

Luluwa

Thanks in advance all you Holland cruisers for your help and advise.

I've never sailed with Holland and I'm sailing on the Oosterdam in October for a short 4-night sailing, I'm booked in a Verandah, what can I expect from the ship and stateroom?

THanks! :D

I've never sailed with Holland and I'm sailing on the Oosterdam in October for a short 4-night sailing, I'm booked in a Verandah, what can I expect from the ship and stateroom?

In my Opinion, It is the Happiest Ship in the entire fleet of 15 ships!!

Photos of the Ship, Public areas and comments of the staterooms are here: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Oosterdam/index.html

I LOVE OOSTERDAM!!!

Joanie

What to expect? Expect a delightful cruise with a wonderful crew. You will wish it to never end. We have been on three of the Vista class ships of HAL the past year and a half and we love all of them, but the Oosterdam is our first love. The color palate is a bit over the top with hues of purple, red, and orange, but you get used to it. Love the Crows Nest and Library on deck 10 and and definate must visit at least once. Leave your cares at the dock and enjoy your cruise. We have had the Deluxe Varrandas on all the cruises VA, VE, and VB suites. Cannot see much of a difference other than location on the ship. We didn't spend much time on the varandah, but it was nice to have.:D

You are going to be sailing on the happiest ship in the whole fleet. We had a verandah cabin also and had the BEST cabin stewards. My favorite place in the whole ship - the Explorations cafe/Crow's Nest - you can sit up there and read, play games and the whole time just watch the world go by. It was so peaceful and serene.

Just know you will have a great time.

Previous Cruises:

Alaska - Westerdam - September 2009

Alaska - Rotterdam - September 2010

Mexican Riveria - Oosterdam - April 2011

Archived