Ziplining & Taxi questions

BUCKSALUMNI09

how many zipline companies are offered in Roatan? I'm seeing South Shore is mentioned a lot.

1.how far is South Shore from the cruise port? or how long does it take to get there?

2. if I book directly through zip company will it be easy to get a cab at port or should I book in advance? If in advance please provide recommendations and cost.

thank you.

how many zipline companies are offered in Roatan? I'm seeing South Shore is mentioned a lot.

1.how far is South Shore from the cruise port? or how long does it take to get there?

2. if I book directly through zip company will it be easy to get a cab at port or should I book in advance? If in advance please provide recommendations and cost.

thank you.

We booked directly through South Shore's website and paid 100% in advance via paypal. They had a driver waiting on us at the port. They picked us up along with a few others and that driver stayed with us for the day.

Ziplining was $40 if reserved on line and that included the trip there.

Hope this helps.

thank you.

ClipnZip is located just outside of the gate........just a short walk from the ship....it is located accross the street from taxi stand where you catch the cab to drive you to South Shore....LOL

Pirates of the Caribbean is supposed to be wonderful! They are a bit father from the port, however. We had booked a private driver, so distance was not a factor.

Sadly, the Dream could not dock that day, so we missed our excursion.

Pirates of the Caribbean is supposed to be wonderful! They are a bit father from the port, however. We had booked a private driver, so distance was not a factor.

Sadly, the Dream could not dock that day, so we missed our excursion.

I went to the website of Pirates of the Caribbean just out of curiosity. One of the pictures they show on the front page is a mother with a tiny baby looking like they are getting ready to zipline. Do you really think they did? Certainly doesn't look safe to me in the least!

There is also Victor Bodden who does island tours, zip lining and the zip and dip. Plus he has the animal zoo there on his property as well. Everyone seems to love his playful monkeys that you hold and they crawl all over you. :)

@glorialagos...will the driver take you to the beach if you wish or no? We were wanting to go to West Bay Beach after the ziplines. Thanks!

We originally only paid for the zipline ($40 with transportation). When we got there, we added the beach to it for $10 per person which also included a drink. Yes, the same driver then took us to the beach after ziplining and it was the West Bay Beach. The driver stayed with us and then got us back to the ship with plenty of time.

@glorialagos...will the driver take you to the beach if you wish or no? We were wanting to go to West Bay Beach after the ziplines. Thanks!

We did thru Island Marketing. Took us to zip at South Shore then to West Bay Beach. It was great!!!!!

If you want the guys from South Shore to take you to the beach, just e-mail them and ask.

Archived