Celebrity premium drinks package help!

Aldoscott

Can you buy the premium drinks package onboard or do you have to pre purchase them online?

Thanks

You can buy on board as well...and do not have to buy it right away either...Enjoy your cruise !

You can buy it onboard with no difficulties. Some people wait for a few days to judge whether it is suitable for them.

For us buying it online a few weeks before we sailed meant it was paid for and we didn't get a large bill at the end of our holiday!

I'm going on a 16 night W Med cruise In September & After doing a lot of research and checking out comments on this site, I have decided not to pre book a Drinks package and to wait for a couple of nights into the cruise to see what hubby & I are actually spending on booze and then work out if a package is more economical. If you think about it - on the day of boarding there isn't enough time to consume the amount you would have paid for day 1 :rolleyes: and then at Port visits we are usually out and about and would only drink in the evenings .... We usually purchase a Bottle of Wine at Dinner and have a drink at the bar before dinner. On Sea days we do obviously consume more - hic ;) If you are lucky enough to be Elite members you also have the advantage of having free evening drinks at Michaels etc. It is a bit of a conundrum - Do I Don't I but the good thing is that you can always OPT in for a package once on board:) Have a great cruise

As the OP is from the UK and exchange rates are volitile at the moment, they should watch the excahange rate being applied to their cruise as compared to the current rate. At times, the exchange rate used by Celebrity can mean that you can grab a bargain by purchasing beverage packages, speciality dining and/or shore excursions n advance.

Sue

I'm going on a 16 night W Med cruise In September & After doing a lot of research and checking out comments on this site, I have decided not to pre book a Drinks package and to wait for a couple of nights into the cruise to see what hubby & I are actually spending on booze and then work out if a package is more economical. If you think about it - on the day of boarding there isn't enough time to consume the amount you would have paid for day 1 :rolleyes: and then at Port visits we are usually out and about and would only drink in the evenings .... We usually purchase a Bottle of Wine at Dinner and have a drink at the bar before dinner. On Sea days we do obviously consume more - hic ;) If you are lucky enough to be Elite members you also have the advantage of having free evening drinks at Michaels etc. It is a bit of a conundrum - Do I Don't I but the good thing is that you can always OPT in for a package once on board:) Have a great cruise

We are going to wait , and see as well. Does anyone know if say on a 12 day cruise.. could you buy a drink pkg for your last 3 sea days?

We are going to wait , and see as well. Does anyone know if say on a 12 day cruise.. could you buy a drink pkg for your last 3 sea days?

You can BUT you pay the package for the whole cruise reguardless of when you buy it. Therefore the longer you wait the more expesive it gets...

You can BUT you pay the package for the whole cruise reguardless of when you buy it. Therefore the longer you wait the more expesive it gets...

That is the way I read it as well. I do not understand then, why folks would wait a couple days on board before they would buy. You pay the full rate for the entire cruise even if you already have been on board for several days. Buying before you board or before you have your first drink on the first day only makes sense.

Are you sure that - if you buy into a package several days into the cruise that you have to pay for the whole cruise? I wasn't aware of that so will have to double check with celebrity.

You do not have to pay for the whole cruise if you buy a package onboard, just the days you have left. :)

That is the way I read it as well. I do not understand then, why folks would wait a couple days on board before they would buy. You pay the full rate for the entire cruise even if you already have been on board for several days. Buying before you board or before you have your first drink on the first day only makes sense.

The package is pro-rated depending on when you buy it.

They do not charge you for the entire package if it is purchased after the cruise commences.

From the celebrity site;

"*All prices in USD are subject to change without notice. A 15% service charge will be added to Soda, Wine, Water, Classic and Premium Package prices at checkout. Packages are sold on a per cruise basis, are not sold on a per day or any other basis, and no refunds will be issued for unused amounts. Packages may not be shared, and do not include beverages sold in gift shops, mini-bar or room service. Ordered packages may be modified up to four days prior to sailing by canceling and reordering the package. Cancellations or refunds will not be issued onboard the vessel after embarkation day. Availability of beverage packages varies by ship. You must be at least 21 years of age to purchase any alcoholic package and to consume alcohol. See the terms of our guest alcohol policy. Other terms and conditions apply."

Whatever that means? I am obviously wrong but "per cruise" does not indicate a pro-rated price.

I think the fineprint is misleading..

I think they mean you can't pay for your package through the website based on a pro-rated system..

It would be too difficult I think for the logistics of getting a card printed showing that you dont want to drink right away but start the next day..

My card had a sticker on it that showed I had a pkg after I bought it on the 2nd day..

TO LYDNSYD,

Just to be clear for yourself and others reading this...

The Alcohol Packages (both Classic & Premium) include a lot more than JUST Alcohol... check the STICKY about pricing... when you do the math, you may discover that if you enjoy a cocktail or a couple of glasses wine with dinner... that when you add that onto your other daily beverages... Fresh Squeeze OJ - Bottled Waters for time off the ship - Premium Teas & Coffees (Flavoured varieties... ie Iced Coffees, Capuccinos etc) - Pop etc.

Many of the above in the $ 3 to $ 5 range (each)... that in my estimation it doesn't take long to add up

Cheers!

Just a head's up to consider. We had purchased the Premium Beverage Package for DH online before we boarded. We waited until boarding to purchase mine, since we had a sizable OBC. As soon as we boarded, we went to a bar and purchased it. Lo and behold, we were charged (in addition to the 15% gratuity we expected) a Florida sales tax! We went to the Purser's Desk to question it, and without hesitation, they removed the tax. However, one should be forewarned that you may be charged a sales tax if you purchase before the ship sails.

Jo-Ann

Archived