Carnival Cruise Lines extends Baltimore deal into 2016

CCL really needs a second ship out of Baltimore with some different itineraries. You can only do the Port Canaveral/Nassau/Freeport and Grand Turk/Half Moon Cay/Freeport or Nassau itineraries so many times before it gets stale and people start looking for other options. RCL is there and is doing some nice 9-day and 16-day cruises in addition to the 7-day cruises.

Hope that the city of Baltimore is smart enough to include some hefty cancellation charges in that contract to prevent a repeat of Carnival's "sudden departure" from Mobile, after that city had spent millions to build a brand new cruise terminal...

Hope that the city of Baltimore is smart enough to include some hefty cancellation charges in that contract to prevent a repeat of Carnival's "sudden departure" from Mobile, after that city had spent millions to build a brand new cruise terminal...

Mobile signed a contract that allowed Carnival a 90 day opt out every year. I don't know how standard that is, but it sounds more like Mobile was willing to sign anything thinking Carnival wouldn't leave.

On the flipside, why would Carnival sign a deal that didnt give them flexibility if they needed to leave an area like ......California.

Hopefully, both sides will be happy and fulfill the entire contract as negotiated

Mobile signed a contract that allowed Carnival a 90 day opt out every year. I don't know how standard that is, but it sounds more like Mobile was willing to sign anything thinking Carnival wouldn't leave.

On the flipside, why would Carnival sign a deal that didnt give them flexibility if they needed to leave an area like ......California.

Hopefully, both sides will be happy and fulfill the entire contract as negotiated

If Carnival wants to sail from a certain market that they consider to be very lucrative, they'll agree to more restrictive terms. I can't recall the specific terms, but I read that New Orlean's contract was much more restrictive than the one signed with the city of Mobile, which, when it came time to pull a ship from a gulf port, made Mobile the obvious choice. It would've cost them a lot more in penalties alone to pull a ship from New Orleans.

Carnival really needs to look into longer sailings out of Baltimore & New York during the winter. Royal Caribbean has it down correctly by offereing 9-12 day cruises during the winter. Carnival needs to realize that 3-4 out of the 8 days will be spent in cold weather.

Baltimore sell out. Mobile not so much, that why Carnival left.

All ports sellout!! Just depends on how low Carnival has to drop rates.

For those that want longer cruises, its just not Carnival business model. As long as they can sell cabins at a premium, doubt you will ever see a change.

I'm amazed in a way that Baltimore hasn't done anything to take advantage of having over 200,000 new visitors come to this port.

We've done it twice, and found zero incentive put out by Baltimore's marketing department to encourage us to do anything in that city but drive directly to and from the parking lot from I-95.

C'mon, now ! Don't you want any extra money spent in your town ? Do some special deals offered to people that have cruise tickets, you fools !

I'm amazed in a way that Baltimore hasn't done anything to take advantage of having over 200,000 new visitors come to this port.

We've done it twice, and found zero incentive put out by Baltimore's marketing department to encourage us to do anything in that city but drive directly to and from the parking lot from I-95.

C'mon, now ! Don't you want any extra money spent in your town ? Do some special deals offered to people that have cruise tickets, you fools !

Hmmm what does Miami/nyc/galeveston do?

Most people research and decide what to do before they go. Never heard of any deals with people who have cruise tickets...what am I missing out on??

as per the Seatrade insider: "The new agreement takes effect on Aug. 31 when the current two-year contract expires. The first two years of the deal are financially guaranteed and there are three one-year options." :eek:.

the whole article is as follows

http://www.cruise-community.com/News/News-Headlines/Maryland-hails-Carnivals-5-year-extension-at-Baltimore.html

CCL really needs a second ship out of Baltimore with some different itineraries. You can only do the Port Canaveral/Nassau/Freeport and Grand Turk/Half Moon Cay/Freeport or Nassau itineraries so many times before it gets stale and people start looking for other options. RCL is there and is doing some nice 9-day and 16-day cruises in addition to the 7-day cruises.

TOTALLY AGREE! After two or three cruises on the Pride (we love the ship), the itineraries become stale.

Would be nice if either another ship came into B'more or if they switched up the itineraries some to maybe include a 9 day cruise which would allow the Pride to visit more southern ports.

TOTALLY AGREE! After two or three cruises on the Pride (we love the ship), the itineraries become stale.

Would be nice if either another ship came into B'more or if they switched up the itineraries some to maybe include a 9 day cruise which would allow the Pride to visit more southern ports.

It has been rumored that Baltimore could see a second ship from Carnival or possibly a replacement. I believe that Fantasy class ships can come into Baltimore also but I hear that the cruise terminal is maxed out. So I would believe a replacement before a second ship, unless they would decide to help with a second cruise terminal. As long as there is a ship in Baltimore I will cruise on it but I do hope that they spice up the itineraries a little

Would love to see Carnival offer 9 day cruises. :)

There has been talk of a 2nd terminal for Baltimore. Would be great as I think more itineraries would be offered. :)

Don't think the newer ships would work here. Too big for the bridges. Bigger isn't always better. ;)

Archived