Cazimero Brothers

margord

We were in Hawaii about 10 years ago and went to a show of the Cazimero Brothers. They were fabulous. Anyone know what happened to them? Do they still perform? If so, where? We'd love to see them again.

Marilee

... and as soon as they go on sale (April 15th I think), you better get in line or online for tickets to their annual May Day Concert at the Waikiki Shell. At $25 (seats)/$15 (lawn), it's a great deal.

Weren't they one of the groups of Hawaiian musicians on the Grammy's this year?? (I think it's the Grammy's - I'm not much for watching those award programs). I enjoyed seeing the interviews of the Hawaiian artists during the week before since this was the first year that Hawaiian music had its own category.

Emi

... and as soon as they go on sale (April 15th I think), you better get in line or online for tickets to their annual May Day Concert at the Waikiki Shell. At $25 (seats)/$15 (lawn), it's a great deal.

They usually play the following night on Maui, so we get our

annual visit from Roland and Robert, too. It is a fun show, and they

are very relaxed here. Some years, they have brought

out the whole troop, other times, just a few dancers.

Their full show is really wonderful.

Robert often plays Chai's solo, accompanying himself

on the piano.

BTW, Chai's is in the Aloha Tower marketplace, where

the cruise ships dock!

Fun fact: Every Brothers Caz album ever released is still in production and

for sale.

Robert and Roland will be performing May 28, 2005 in Southern California. www.shannoncenter.org. This will be the eleventh year in a row they have performed there! They got an article in the LA Times about being up for the first ever Grammy for Hawaiian music. The hair may have changed color or disappeared, but they are still just as much fun. There is also a great DVD of their 25th anniversary May day appearance. You can find it at Amazon or www.mele.com which also has a great events calendar where you might find if the Bros Caz are in your neck of the woods. Aloha!

Good to hear the Cazimero"s are still performing.

We have seen 2 of their shows in the Royal Hawaiian Hotel, many years ago, and we loved it.

Next year we hope to make a cruise to Hawaii, but I am afraid our time will be too short to see them perform.

We will certainly buy some new CD's overthere and will try and find out what their schedule in march 2006 will be.

We went to their show at Chai's a few years ago. Loved the show, but not all that impressed with the food at Chai's. Maybe the fact that we could have been eating on the ship for free had something to do with it. We could have just gone for the show for about $20 pp.

Great post... Often wondered about Robert and Roland.. Through a mutual friend we got front row seats to listen to them in 1978. After the show we shared a late night dinner and talked until sun up.. I need to go into the attic and find the pics.. I will look them up this April when our ship hits Hawaii

Margord, you are lucky to be able to see them....

Let us know how the show was.

I will try and find out next year if we are as lucky too.

Oh my, I know we are very lucky to see them. I had tried to find out where they were playing and assumed it would be on Ohau. I had no luck, so I am really thrilled I posted and got great answers and tickets.

Marilee

• 2 weeks later...
Oh my, I know we are very lucky to see them. I had tried to find out where they were playing and assumed it would be on Ohau. I had no luck, so I am really thrilled I posted and got great answers and tickets.

Marilee

Got our tickets. We'll be in E21 and 22 on the Mezzanine. Do

stop by and say hello to fellow CC'ers.

Last night, we saw John Keawe at the MACC. He is a fine slack-key guitarist, and his beautiful wife

Hope, danced superbly. A real "chicken-skin" evening.

Have a great visit to Maui!

John Keawe and Hope are from our neck of the woods and he is great! He plays at the restaurant in Hawi (where they live) where Annette plays and sometimes they are on the reader board together....*smile*

Emi

• 4 weeks later...
HI BobnSandi,

We are in R29 and R30.

It was a great concert! Sorry we missed you. Checked

at your seats several times during intermission.

Oh well, catch you next time around.

I liked the line from Robert: "We were just doing

the rehersal in Honolulu last night, our real

show is in Maui!"

When we came back to our seats after intermission the people next to us told us that someone was looking for us. I was quite confused because I knew I did not know anyone in Maui. It just dawned on me a few hours ago that I gave you our seat numbers. I am so sorry we missed you. The concert was awesome and I did love the line.

As a matter of fact, after intermission we ended up sitting on the isle seats. No one showed up and we asked if we could take them over and were told no problem. We wanted to be able to get out of there early to try to get an autograph. We were very lucky and were the first ones in line for the autograph session. What a thrill to get to see them again, buy another CD and get it signed.

I liked the line from Robert: "We were just doing

the rehersal in Honolulu last night, our real

show is in Maui!"

Actually, both of those shows are both rehearsals for their real shows here in Southern California on the 28th of May:D

Seriously, one of the great things about Hawai'ian performers is the way they interact with the audience during and after the shows. Typically after a show here in Southern California they will sit and sign autographs, have photos taken and just chat until all of the audience is gone. And it's not just Robert and Roland, but all of them, The Makaha Sons, Hapa, Amy Gilliom, Willie K., Keola Beamer, Martin Pahinui and on down the list, all of them do it. I think it's part of this thing called "aloha."

It sounds you all had a great time.....I envy you....

I can only hope I will have this opportunity next March, somewhere on one of the islands.

However I will certainly again buy some CD's of the Cazimeros.

There is a DVD of the 25th Anniversary May Day concert, but ALAS! it's the only one. Sure would be nice if they made them every year, oh well, maybe some day we'll get to be on Oahu on May 1st.

Archived