Need Help: Sales Tax or Additional Surcharges???

Staplerman

I just completed my online check-in on Celebrity's website for our 11/12 cruise on Eclipse. Next I decided to take a look at beverage packages and possibly book one for DW now, then get one for me with my shipboard credit when we board.:D

So check this out, folks: on the Celebrity website, a Premium beverage package is listed at $378. I clicked to select it, and I was taken to the "subtotal" page. With the 15% surcharge for gratuity it comes out to $434.70 for one person. No problem there.

Then, two lines below that it says the subtotal for this package is $491.20. I've read and re-read the fine print and no where on the page does it say anything about charging sales tax (which should be no more than 7%-9%). The $491 is an additional 13%+ above the stated package price plus gratuities. YIKES!!!

Maybe it's a hidden surcharge, maybe it's sales tax, maybe it's their junky website making an error...can someone help me make sense out of this additional charge? Thanks!

I just completed my online check-in on Celebrity's website for our 11/12 cruise on Eclipse. Next I decided to take a look at beverage packages and possibly book one for DW now, then get one for me with my shipboard credit when we board.:D

So check this out, folks: on the Celebrity website, a Premium beverage package is listed at $378. I clicked to select it, and I was taken to the "subtotal" page. With the 15% surcharge for gratuity it comes out to $434.70 for one person. No problem there.

Then, two lines below that it says the subtotal for this package is $491.20. I've read and re-read the fine print and no where on the page does it say anything about charging sales tax (which should be no more than 7%-9%). The $491 is an additional 13%+ above the stated package price plus gratuities. YIKES!!!

Maybe it's a hidden surcharge, maybe it's sales tax, maybe it's their junky website making an error...can someone help me make sense out of this additional charge? Thanks!

If you go up to the sticky at the top of this board you will see that this issue is some sort of glitch in the X computer system. An number of members have reported that when they continued to actually make the purchase the double surchrge that appeared on the previous page was gone and that they were charged th proper base amount plus the 15%.

Celebrity is aware of it....not sure why it is taking so long to fix it......

Archived