Port Canaveral with a View

OceanLiner

We will be arriving the day before our sail date and we would really like to stay in a hotel that offers a view of the port so that we can watch the coming and going of the ships. We had a great hotel in Ft. Lauderdale, the Lagomar, from which we watched all the passenger ships come in and out.

Any suggestions?

If you are looking for a hotel with rooms that overlook the piers of Port Canaveral, I think you are out of luck.

There are a few restaurants (at the north end of A1A, just south of the port) where there is a view of the channel. That might be a slightly satisfying alternative.

There are also some hotels on Cocoa Beach south of the port where you could see ships at sea just before they enter the channel for the port or after they have left and are heading to the south east at the start of their trip. Again, your timing would need to be good, but you could see something of interest.

Sure do have a suggestion.

There are two restaurants I would recommend along the channel: Grills and Fishlips. I'm sure several others there are all good but those two seem to be the popular ones with cruise folks. We're partial to Grills.

You can view any cruise ship (up close and personal) that happens to be in port as it sails past right past the restaurants on its way out to sea.

Jetty Park, just a five minute drive from the restaurant area, is at the end of the channel if you happen to have a rental car to use. Small cost to enter but fantastic open view of the ships, sea and a great beach area to pass some time.

If you care to send your e-mail would send you some large pictures of the restaurants and the channel area.

I'm not sure how much of a view of the inlet it offers, but Ron Jon (the surf shop people) have a hotel a stone's throw from the inlet, and there might be a decent view from the upper floors. I can attest that their restaurant is quite good. Google 'em!

Here's another vote for Grills; it's our favorite restaurant in the port area, and when the ships cruise by you are close enough that you feel like you could shake hands with the passengers aboard. Disney Dream is also known to sound off her wonderful horns when passing by, too.

Country Inn Suites. Its the closest resort to the port.They have rooms that overlook the port. Weve stayed there several times, and used the park and cruise package. Free breakfast buffet to go with it. You have to specify when you book that you want the port view.

1 thing I forgot to mention. Port Canaveral is not like Ft Lauderdale or Miami in ship traffic. The ships depart on Sat, Sun, Thurs and Fri. Carnival has a new(older ship) that will be coming to PC but I dont remember when off hand or her sail dates. Shell join her twin the Carnival Sensation doing 3/4 day trips.

Sure do have a suggestion.

There are two restaurants I would recommend along the channel: Grills and Fishlips. I'm sure several others there are all good but those two seem to be the popular ones with cruise folks. We're partial to Grills.

You can view any cruise ship (up close and personal) that happens to be in port as it sails past right past the restaurants on its way out to sea.

Jetty Park, just a five minute drive from the restaurant area, is at the end of the channel if you happen to have a rental car to use. Small cost to enter but fantastic open view of the ships, sea and a great beach area to pass some time.

If you care to send your e-mail would send you some large pictures of the restaurants and the channel area.

I prefer Rusty's. :-)

Archived