Lauderdale by the Sea

CruisinNewbie2010

We're planning an extra day pre- and post-cruise.

Pre-cruise, we will likely stay in the port area (Embassy or Cambria Suites/Hampton or Comfort Inn). But when we return, we were hoping to stay in one of the smaller hotels directly on the beach in Lauderdale by the Sea - looks like a great area to rest up before heading home.

Would anyone know how long/expensive a taxi would be to get us to LBTS from the port, then to Ft.L. airport the next day? Our plane doesn't leave till 9pm so actually, we've got almost 2 days to put the finishing touches on our tans, LOL.:cool:

Thanks!

We're planning an extra day pre- and post-cruise.

Pre-cruise, we will likely stay in the port area (Embassy or Cambria Suites/Hampton or Comfort Inn). But when we return, we were hoping to stay in one of the smaller hotels directly on the beach in Lauderdale by the Sea - looks like a great area to rest up before heading home.

Would anyone know how long/expensive a taxi would be to get us to LBTS from the port, then to Ft.L. airport the next day? Our plane doesn't leave till 9pm so actually, we've got almost 2 days to put the finishing touches on our tans, LOL.:cool:

Thanks!

A cab isn't going to be cheap because it is a long way. Can SAS take you?

www.Sunny.org is a wealth of information.

Have fun, you'll LOVE LBTS.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your help!

It seems a lot of the LBTS hotels don't like to book one-night accommodations but I'm still looking!

Maybe I'd be better off reversing my plans & stay post-cruise at a "downtown" Ft. Lauderdale hotel. Our plane doesn't leave till 9pm so we'll need something that has a late check-out or day room. Any thoughts?

Thank you for your help!

It seems a lot of the LBTS hotels don't like to book one-night accommodations but I'm still looking!

Maybe I'd be better off reversing my plans & stay post-cruise at a "downtown" Ft. Lauderdale hotel. Our plane doesn't leave till 9pm so we'll need something that has a late check-out or day room. Any thoughts?

Riverside Hotel is in the middle of the best part of downtown.

• 1 month later...

I'm still working on the logistics for this trip. We'd really like to stay post-cruise in LBTS & I've found a couple of inns that have late checkout times: Away Inn $25 till 2pm and Vistamar Village $40 till 3pm which is fine, but any ideas where we can go or what we can do (luggage in tow) until our flight at 9pm?

We've never flown out of FLL airport. Does anyone know how early we can drop off our suitcases? And once we do, are we more or less confined to the airport? All suggestions will be appreciated!

We have stayed pre-cruise in Lauderdale by the Sea and plan to do it again this year. We love Blue Seas Courtyard, although it is not on the water but across the street.

It has been a few years since we were there and I know that the hotels try to book by the week first. You might try waiting until close to your cruise date and seeing if they will rent an empty room by the night, thats what we did when we wanted an apartment type room up the coast.

LBTS is such a nice area, just right for a relaxing stay I know you'll love it.

If you rent a car you can just put the luggage in the trunk and go to the beach or the mall or Las Olas or Sawgrass Mills. Luggage check in times are always changing but the limit is no more than 2 or 4 hours before the flight.

Archived