Need advice where/when to stay

WannaCruiseSoon

Hi everyone

ok here is our situation

We have a cruise leaving from Miami on a Sunday

some of us are flying in a day early (Saturday) and leaving a day after, therefore flying home Monday

We are flying in/out of FLL

Would it be best to stay in a hotel Saturday night in Miami so we are closer to the cruise port for Sunday?

If we stay over in FLL Saturday night what can we expect to pay for transportation to the cruise port?

Same thing on the day after the cruise. Stay in MIA or FLL closer to the airport.

So many things to think about. Thanks in advance for any information/suggestions.

Hi everyone

ok here is our situation

We have a cruise leaving from Miami on a Sunday

some of us are flying in a day early (Saturday) and leaving a day after, therefore flying home Monday

We are flying in/out of FLL

Would it be best to stay in a hotel Saturday night in Miami so we are closer to the cruise port for Sunday?

If we stay over in FLL Saturday night what can we expect to pay for transportation to the cruise port?

Same thing on the day after the cruise. Stay in MIA or FLL closer to the airport.

So many things to think about. Thanks in advance for any information/suggestions.

I am flying in before my cruise and taking SAS Transportation to Miami to spend the night. My thoughts are I would rather be in Miami so there won't be any issues (traffic, missed transport) getting to the port early. The port is just a taxi ride away. Traffic can be bad between FLL and POM if there is an accident. SAS is picking me up and bringing back to FLL to catch my flight home. They are charging me $13 per person (we are 5 people) each way. I think its a great deal and they get good reviews here on the boards.

It's only a 30-40 minute ride from FLL to POM; I have never heard of traffic being so bad that you could not get from FLL to POM. You get more hotel for your dollar in the FLL area and there are more dining options within walking distance of most of the hotels. :cool:

If you are arriving into FLL early enough, or possibly for your post cruise stay, you may want to consider staying in Miami Beach - specifically South Beach. Hotels there are more expensive and the rooms are smaller, but you can not beat the nightlife and dining and the world class beach! :D

Use SAS or QLS for shared shuttle service between FLL and POM. Good luck! :)

It's only a 30-40 minute ride from FLL to POM; I have never heard of traffic being so bad that you could not get from FLL to POM.

I never said that you wouldn't make it to the port due to traffic. I just stated that I wouldn't want to take any chances with getting to the port late. S**t does happen. Thats why I suggested going to Miami the day before when your not pressed for time. Less stress the day of your cruise.

You have to check out of your hotel at 11 or 12 which is the perfect time to leave Ft Laud for the port to allow plenty of extra time for any traffic issues. If it is the weekend there shouldn't be any traffic issues.

Archived