Aloha Marketplace Stadium

krkheffe

Does anyone know how far Aloha Marketplace Stadium is from wherever the cruise ship is on embarkation day? Just wondering if it is feasible to go there for the afternoon after checking in our luggage on the ship.

How about a physical address for where the ship docks or is there one? Then maybe I could try and mapquest it.

Thanks!!

Kelly

You would definitely be able to do this. Just keep in mind that the market closes at 3pm. Just Google Aloha Stadium Swap Meet and you will get all the info you need. Have fun!

I went to the website and saw hours etc. but I do not know how far it is from the pier where we get on the ship. Is it walking distance? Maybe strolling around Chinatown...which I thought was about 10 min away would be a better idea as we can walk there. We are travelling with some other family members but if I had my way....my husband and I would do all kinds of stuff before getting on the ship....but don't think everyone else would agree.

Does anyone know how far Aloha Marketplace Stadium is from wherever the cruise ship is on embarkation day? Just wondering if it is feasible to go there for the afternoon after checking in our luggage on the ship.

How about a physical address for where the ship docks or is there one? Then maybe I could try and mapquest it.

Thanks!!

Kelly

Drawing a straight line on Google Earth it is 6.43 miles between Aloha Stadium and the pier. By road I'd guess 10-15 miles.

Thanks...I guess we would need to get a taxi....anyone know if there is a shuttle that takes you there from the pier?

I did not see any mention of a shuttle - your best bet would be to get a rental car for a day and after dropping the car off at the airport, getting the shuttle back to the pier (at least Thrifty would do this) or taking a local bus - Google maps will give you an idea of what runs and the timing. Taking a cab there and back would probably cost more than renting a car.

Aloha Stadium is almost right beside Pearl Harbor.

The Pier is in downtown Honolulu.

Traffic between the two can be a bear. (especially around Pearl).

Leave yourself plenty of time to get to the ship.

maybe we will just walk around the pier area.

As your ship's departure is on the weekend, you could do the Swapmeet - rent a car or possibly catch the bus. Traffic on the weekends is much lighter than on a weekday.

If you are just walking around the pier area, the pier is in downtown Honolulu and you could hit Iolani Palace (the Royal Palace) and the Capitol Building, not to mention the Judiciary Building (which is the TV "headquarters" of Hawaii 5-0), Kawaihao Church and the Mission Houses. And Chinatown is just a short distance from the pier as well.

Enjoy our city!

As your ship's departure is on the weekend, you could do the Swapmeet - rent a car or possibly catch the bus. Traffic on the weekends is much lighter than on a weekday.

If you are just walking around the pier area, the pier is in downtown Honolulu and you could hit Iolani Palace (the Royal Palace) and the Capitol Building, not to mention the Judiciary Building (which is the TV "headquarters" of Hawaii 5-0), Kawaihao Church and the Mission Houses. And Chinatown is just a short distance from the pier as well.

Enjoy our city!

Thanks for the ideas.....I thought Chinatown was anly about a 10 min walk from the pier. This may be a dumb question...but I do not know where the pier and ship are....so how do I find a map of what is around that area. You mentioned several great ideas but it would be great to have a physical address or a map of the area that showed where the ship is located and the surrounding area. Any ideas??

Also....do you happen to know how early you can check in on the ship? I was thinking about checking in, leaving the bags, and going out again to explore!

Thanks!

Thanks!!

Kelly

Hi Kelly,

Im not sure what time your ship departs, but there is a Oahu tour that is 4 hours long that you can take your luggage with you and you can get dropped off at the cruise ship after your tour. You can also add on the Aloha Market Swap meet to this tour. We went on the 6 hour tour, but there is a shorter one http://www.hawaiicruiseexcursions.com/HonoluluIslandToursHawaii.htm

We searched for tours where we could have our luggage with us and this was the tour we chose.

Mike

Hi Kelly,

Im not sure what time your ship departs, but there is a Oahu tour that is 4 hours long that you can take your luggage with you and you can get dropped off at the cruise ship after your tour. You can also add on the Aloha Market Swap meet to this tour. We went on the 6 hour tour, but there is a shorter one http://www.hawaiicruiseexcursions.com/HonoluluIslandToursHawaii.htm

We searched for tours where we could have our luggage with us and this was the tour we chose.

Mike

Thanks for the link...this looks great...maybe a bit more pricey than I want to pay at this point though. Appreciate the help!

Kelly

I don't think it is a huge issue to get from the pier to Pearl Harbor, Aloha Stadium, North Shore, etc. Here are some phone numbers that might be helpful, Xpress Limo Shuttle - 808-551-5578, Hon Cab - 808-428-6003, BBB - 808-839-0911, I Do Cab - 808-732-6441. We have used Xpress Limo and I Do Cab. Both are great. Others on CC use Hawaii 123 and are very happy. The shuttle from Waikiki to Aloha Stadium is $7pp each way, the price may be different from the pier but not too much more for a shuttle. Walking around Chinatown and the Iolani Palace is also a fun day. You might look at "This Week Oahu". I hope you have a great trip. Cherie

I don't think it is a huge issue to get from the pier to Pearl Harbor, Aloha Stadium, North Shore, etc. Here are some phone numbers that might be helpful, Xpress Limo Shuttle - 808-551-5578, Hon Cab - 808-428-6003, BBB - 808-839-0911, I Do Cab - 808-732-6441. We have used Xpress Limo and I Do Cab. Both are great. Others on CC use Hawaii 123 and are very happy. The shuttle from Waikiki to Aloha Stadium is $7pp each way, the price may be different from the pier but not too much more for a shuttle. Walking around Chinatown and the Iolani Palace is also a fun day. You might look at "This Week Oahu". I hope you have a great trip. Cherie

Cherie,

Thanks so much for the info. I have never seen the "This Week Oahu" site before and looks like I can print some coupons from that site for the different islands....may come in handy. Thanks again...

Kelly

Hi Kelly,

"This Week Oahu" and "101 Things to Do" are by baggage claim when you arrive in Waikiki and are on every street corner. Our favorite shrimp truck has $2 off coupons. Hope you have a great time. We love the Hawaiian islands and our youngest left today for his sophomore year at UH. Cherie

T This may be a dumb question...but I do not know where the pier and ship are....so how do I find a map of what is around that area. You mentioned several great ideas but it would be great to have a physical address or a map of the area that showed where the ship is located and the surrounding area.

Also....do you happen to know how early you can check in on the ship? I was thinking about checking in, leaving the bags, and going out again to explore!

Try Google Maps - Aloha Tower to Iolani Palace may be the best bet and reduce the map a tad so you can get a feel for the surrounding areas. Don't forget to check the scale on the map - it may look like a long way to walk but it isn't.

Aloha Tower is where the POA is generally docked. If not there, it is usually at the Fort Armstrong area - perhaps 1/4 of a mile in the easterly direction. Unless the port is really busy, it will be at Aloha Tower.

The main part of Chinatown is on Maunakea Street between King Street and Beretania Street. On your map, you could go to your left from Aloha Tower and walk up Maunakea Street though it may be more interesting to go up Fort Street or Bishop Street. Fort Street is really a pedestrian street and not open to traffic - the cross streets are.

The Google Map (Aloha Tower to Iolani Palace) shows you the sights I had mentioned.

Happy travels!

Try Google Maps - Aloha Tower to Iolani Palace may be the best bet and reduce the map a tad so you can get a feel for the surrounding areas. Don't forget to check the scale on the map - it may look like a long way to walk but it isn't.

Aloha Tower is where the POA is generally docked. If not there, it is usually at the Fort Armstrong area - perhaps 1/4 of a mile in the easterly direction. Unless the port is really busy, it will be at Aloha Tower.

The main part of Chinatown is on Maunakea Street between King Street and Beretania Street. On your map, you could go to your left from Aloha Tower and walk up Maunakea Street though it may be more interesting to go up Fort Street or Bishop Street. Fort Street is really a pedestrian street and not open to traffic - the cross streets are.

The Google Map (Aloha Tower to Iolani Palace) shows you the sights I had mentioned.

Happy travels!

Thanks so much for the help. I did look it up on Google Maps using the info you gave me and I can see everything and looks like it is definitely close by. I have read that Chinatown is fun to walk around and you can get some good bargains there. I guess we will see...thanks again!

Kelly

POAm has not used the Aloha Tower pier since 2007. They have been using Pier 2 which is .68 miles from Pier 11 which is Aloha Tower pier.

POAm has not used the Aloha Tower pier since 2007. They have been using Pier 2 which is .68 miles from Pier 11 which is Aloha Tower pier.

On the map it looks so much farther away...is it still close enough to walk to places..like Chinatown?

Kelly

is it still close enough to walk to places..like Chinatown?

Kelly

I drove by Aloha Tower a couple of weeks ago and saw the POA there. But if POA is using Pier 2, (what I called Fort Armstrong) it is across the highway from the Federal Building and Restaurant Row. Iolani Palace, the King Kamehamaha Statute, Judiciary Building, Mission House etc. would be about three or so blocks from Pier 2.

Depending on your walking ability, Chinatown would be about 20-30 minutes walk from Pier 2 and Aloha Tower and its marketplace is about .5 miles from Pier 2. I believe there is a shuttle between Pier 2 and Aloha Tower Marketplace - you can check on that for the latest information.

I drove by Aloha Tower a couple of weeks ago and saw the POA there. But if POA is using Pier 2, (what I called Fort Armstrong) it is across the highway from the Federal Building and Restaurant Row. Iolani Palace, the King Kamehamaha Statute, Judiciary Building, Mission House etc. would be about three or so blocks from Pier 2.

Depending on your walking ability, Chinatown would be about 20-30 minutes walk from Pier 2 and Aloha Tower and its marketplace is about .5 miles from Pier 2. I believe there is a shuttle between Pier 2 and Aloha Tower Marketplace - you can check on that for the latest information.

Thanks...that is still OK....doesn't sound as far as it looks. I keep changing my mind about what I want to do that day before getting on the ship....problem is, I want to do it all!

Kelly

Archived