"Locals Bar" free chairs yes, RIP OFF YES

Fourseventeen

we were walking down to Jacks Shack as we have done in the past and got lured into this "local bar" place that was on the beach along the way to Jacks. "free chairs, free wifi, cheapest drinks on the beach and the best food" they announce over their PA system. So my wife and I said heck free chairs on the beach and cheap drinks...this is the spot for us! So we grabbed chairs, put our stuff down and proceeded to the bar to order up our first round of drinks. 1 pina colada and 1 rum punch please! bartended puts the 2 SMALL 8oz drinks on the bar and I hand him a $20.00 US bill. He takes it and walks away....doesnt bring us any change. I flagged him down and said "you forgot my change" he says no change, your total was $20.00. For 2 SMALL drinks!!!! and im not talking top shelf stuff, we are talking well drinks in small 8oz plastic cups!!!! I asked...how much was each drink, he says 9.00 for the colada and 11.00 for the rum punch. Are you F'n serious! My cup was empty after 3 drinks! Surprised that the cruise ship drinks were not only tastier but they were larger and cheaper...go figure! Needless to say...if you like mixed drinks, dont go to this place! Beers here were about $3.50 which is fair but 11.00 for a rum punch is just nuts!!! Guess they have to make up the cost of the free chairs and wifi somehow!

They were probably hoping that you were first timers that didn't know any better and heard of "this bar thats down the beach aways past the cruise center" and would get those headed to Jack's but pass this place first and end up staying.

Thanks for the heads up. Although I have spent more on other things, this would have had be spinning the rest of the day. More than anything else, I love value and when I am blatently getting taken, it really bothers me. My strange principles I guess. :D It's like going to a pro sports game and paying over $10 a beer ( Canadian prices of course ).

I dont mind spending money when its practical or even a tad inflated...after all we are on vacation. I rarely count coins when I am on vacation...I have fun and not worry about what I spend usually. BUT thats exactly the point...I felt taken advantage of with this place. I mean come on...11.00 for a rum punch that is half the size of the ones offered on the cruise ship...and the cruise ship ones were about 6 bucks! I mean its not like the drink I ordered had Patron or some LouisX111 or something....this was stuff from the well...cheap no name stuff.

I dont mind spending money when its practical or even a tad inflated...after all we are on vacation. I rarely count coins when I am on vacation...I have fun and not worry about what I spend usually. BUT thats exactly the point...I felt taken advantage of with this place. I mean come on...11.00 for a rum punch that is half the size of the ones offered on the cruise ship...and the cruise ship ones were about 6 bucks! I mean its not like the drink I ordered had Patron or some LouisX111 or something....this was stuff from the well...cheap no name stuff.

In South Beach we were walking around and someone was promoting 2 for 1 16oz Mojitos..we thought great, lets go in and get one each. So we got 2...for the price of 1. ONE was $26 (Yes twenty six) dollars! When they brought the bill I was reeling!! Sure they were big and they were tasty but dang, not $26 good!!!

After that, I always ask :mad:

Thanks for the heads up on this..we will keep walking to Jacks. We dont really need loungers, just table and chairs for lunch and drinks.

Archived