New Hampton Inn & Suites Miami/Brickell-Downtown

seafood

This is a brand new Hampton Inn that's opening in November; it's located at 50 SW 12th Street in Miami (listed as downtown). Can anybody tell me if this is a nice area and if there are restaurants/stores nearby?

I'm trying to decide whether to stay at this Hampton Inn or the Hyatt Summerfield Suites on 5710 Blue Lagoon Drive. This would be for a two night pre-cruise stay in March 2012. Which would you choose in regards to location? Has anybody stayed at the Hyatt and, if so, was it nice; any pictures?

Thanks in advance for any and all responses.

I am not familiar with the location of the new Hampton Inn, although there have been some suggestions for new dining options in the Brickell Village area; I have stayed near the Hyatt Blue Lagoon (we were at the Homewood Suites). Blue Lagoon hotels are great for one night after a flight if all you want is dinner, maybe a drink :o, and a clean room before your cruise. For a two day stay you will be somewhat isolated. :(

The Blue Lagoon area is located out near the MIA airport. Without a car you are a $25+ cab ride from downtown and a $30+ cab ride away from South Beach. If you rent a car be prepared for crazy traffic and even crazier parking fees! :eek:

Arriving in Miami that far before my cruise I would look at hotels in Miami Beach (especially South Beach) where I could walk to dining and shopping and entertainment; downtown Miami would be my second choice. Good luck! :)

This is a brand new Hampton Inn that's opening in November; it's located at 50 SW 12th Street in Miami (listed as downtown). Can anybody tell me if this is a nice area and if there are restaurants/stores nearby?

I'm trying to decide whether to stay at this Hampton Inn or the Hyatt Summerfield Suites on 5710 Blue Lagoon Drive. This would be for a two night pre-cruise stay in March 2012. Which would you choose in regards to location? Has anybody stayed at the Hyatt and, if so, was it nice; any pictures?

Thanks in advance for any and all responses.

I'm familiar with the SW 12th. street area from many business stays at the JW Marriott on Brickell. It's a nice area, safe for walking, and IMO it's a nicer part of "downtown" than the real Downtown to the north of it. There are many good restaurants nearby, all an easy walk. You'll find higher end chains (Morton's, PF Chang's), and many good local restaurants, all in the the blocks north of the hotel location and east towards Brickell.

You are a ways from the tourist spots like South Beach or Coconut Grove, though - you'd need a taxi for those.

I think it would be a great place for pre-cruise as the port is only a short taxi ride away.

• 1 year later...

Parked here for the night. Family of 5 in a suite and everything checks out A-OK. Pool area is small, but functional along with a hot tub. Location is OK, but as it is Patrick's day, a bit hard to determine just how good or bad. Sitting at pool around 11 PM doing my NCAA BB analysis and the crowd is growing younger, but still OK.

Parking in garage is $18/day; room key used to exit and enter (self-park).

• 2 weeks later...

We just stayed at Hampton Inn Suites downtown Miami Brickell. We walked to PF Changs. Lot of places to eat and Publix was there. We had no problems. We stayed in FEb which is high. It was around $249. We are looking for next Feb and up to $300 without tax. Love that area. I can eat at PF Changs and do Gluten free without worrying. That hotel is very nice. Free breakfast, and we got 2 free drinks for each room. They also offer a shuttle to the cruise port for $8.00 pp. They were very nice.

We just stayed at Hampton Inn Suites downtown Miami Brickell. We walked to PF Changs. Lot of places to eat and Publix was there. We had no problems. We stayed in FEb which is high. It was around $249. We are looking for next Feb and up to $300 without tax. Love that area. I can eat at PF Changs and do Gluten free without worrying. That hotel is very nice. Free breakfast, and we got 2 free drinks for each room. They also offer a shuttle to the cruise port for $8.00 pp. They were very nice.

Do they pick you up from the airport. We are debating flying into FLL or Miami for our cruise next April-cruise leaves from POM

• 4 weeks later...
Do they pick you up from the airport. We are debating flying into FLL or Miami for our cruise next April-cruise leaves from POM

You would take a taxi to the hotel from the airport.

It will be around $30.00

I would also take a taxi from the hotel to the port. It will be around $15.00

Keith

Archived