Strange e-mail from Carnival

AllyCat81

So I got an e-mail this evening from Carnival titled - CARNIVAL CRUISE LINES - ELIGIBILITY REMINDER

It came from a donotreply@ Carnival with a PDF attachment.

It says:

This is an important message regarding your special discounted rate (we booked ES and are paid in full). Our records indicate that the required verification to satisfy eligibility of this discount was not provided by the deadline.

In order to retain this discounted rate, eligibility documents must be received within 24 hours or receipt of this notice.

If the information is not received, we will have no alternative, but to rescind the special discount. The reservation will automatically be repriced to refelct the prevailing rate available on the sailing.

Please fax to: 305-406-6478 or EMAIL to interline@carnival

Your cooperation and prompt attention to this matter is greatly appreciated. We thank you for choosing Carnival Cruise Lines and look forward to the opportunity to provide you a fun and memorable vacation.

Sincerely,

Reduced Rate Desk

Guest Administration

800-438-6744 ext # 70450

It then gives my name and booking number at the bottom. I haven't called yet, because it seems really shady. How can they change the price on our booking? We're 6 weeks out and all paid...

So I got an e-mail this evening from Carnival titled - CARNIVAL CRUISE LINES - ELIGIBILITY REMINDER

It says:

This is an important message regarding your special discounted rate (we booked ES and are paid in full). Our records indicate that the required verification to satisfy eligibility of this discount was not provided by the deadline.

In order to retain this discounted rate, eligibility documents must be received within 24 hours or receipt of this notice.

If the information is not received, we will have no alternative, but to rescind the special discount. The reservation will automatically be repriced to refelct the prevailing rate available on the sailing.

Your cooperation and prompt attention to this matter is greatly appreciated. We thank you for choosing Carnival Cruise Lines and look forward to the opportunity to provide you a fun and memorable vacation.

Sincerely,

Reduced Rate Desk

Guest Administration

800-438-6744 ext # 70450

It then gives my name and booking number at the bottom. I haven't called yet, because it seems really shady. How can they change the price on our booking? We're 6 weeks out and all paid...

Sort of like this email?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1460908

It says:

Sincerely,

Reduced Rate Desk

Guest Administration

800-438-6744 ext # 70450

Hmmm Ally, I think I just read on John's blog that it was sent in error to all passengers:eek: I don't think you have any worries...

Sounds a Little SCAM like if you ask me. Sounds like someone is Phishing a little bit and hoping to get some personal info on people. I would be EXTREMELY Cautious and do not reply to any e-mail to this nature. Do as others have done and call the Cruiseline directly!

Archived